How to use?

Thread: How to use?

Linda Jones is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How to use?

We've been trying to use Time4Learning since Mid-May, and we're still confused. How do we make sure that the student is actually working on lessons, and not just playing games? When I look at her student records, it seems to keep saying score is N/A beside things she has completed. Does using the scheduler actually schedule lessons, or does it just give us a suggested schedule to follow and it is up to us to make sure the child knows which lessons to do? Is there some sort of step-by-step tutorial that she should have gone through first? We are only using it on weekdays, not weekends, and not holidays, but the scheduling feature doesn't seem to provide any way for us to schedule around these things. I was hoping that this would be super easy to use, but it's turning out to be incredibly complicated, and obviously I'm not understanding this, and neither is my child.

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi Linda,

I am sorry to hear that you are having some difficulties. Let me see if I can help you. When you are looking at your student's report section there are a few things that will help you out. The first thing you see when you login to the reports section from your parent account is the recent work section. This section shows you any work that has been attempted by the student, finished or not. The last column "status" shows whether it was completed. If the little icon is all blue it was completed. The column marked "Type" shows the type of lesson it is. Check the "icon key" section at the top right for a thorough explanation. Lastly look at the score section. If the lesson type is a graded lesson, test or quiz and the status show it as complete there will be a numerical grade. If it is a non graded lesson or the status is incomplete, the score will say N/A. This whole section is a good place for a quick look see. You will want to go to the tab that says "Reports" to actually print out the progress report for your records. This area only shows work that has been completed. There is a little video you could watch on the "Hints and Resources" tab under "Lesson Previewing" entitled "Progress Reports." of your parent page that will go over all this with you again.

As far as the scheduler. This tool only helps you schedule out lessons week by week. Based on the start and end date you put in when generating it, it will take the year's worth of lessons in each subject you choose and plot them out week by week. This will help you if you wish to complete the grade level in a certain period of time. It was meant to be a guide that you print out that follows the same sequence of the program. Your child can use this guide as she navigates through the lessons following the arrow. (check out the "Student Login" video under "How to Begin" on the Hints and Resources tab. I hope some of this helps! There is no right or wrong way to use the program. It is flexible and used by subscribers in lots of different ways. If you need some more help, don't hesitate to call (888-771-0914) or write [email protected]. They are there to help!

Suzanne