I'll try my question here, repeating a subject
    drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

Default I'll try my question here, repeating a subject

We are thinking of having my son repeat 7th grade math, he feels he is struggling and a repeat of the course may help him. What I would like to know is if we decide to repeat 7th grade math when he is in 8th grade next year will it reset itself for instance the completed areas will no longer show complete and the grading will start fresh? Dayna
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The program does not reset itself. Your son's lessons will still be marked "Complete" and the grades will be included in his average.

You have to completely re-register to reset his data, but that would affect all of his subjects. I don't think they can do one subject manually, but I'm not positive, so I will leave this here for the tech people to address.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thanks, I will just have to remember to not look at the avg grade and keep my grades of the school year. Good thing we can redo lessons, he seems to be struggling with math this year, when we started this program he strated improving so we want him to begin and do all the areas and see if it will help his grasping of the subject

SpiritT4L is offline Columnists

Hi Drgnstrm,

I have a couple of suggestions for you. First, when running your reports just make sure you use current dates. That way the older material will not register.

Also, I would suggest maybe just taking a look at the last chapter in seventh grade math. It is an overview, it is a very long chapter but it goes back over everything in 7th grade math.

If you still decide to have you son repeat 7th grade math and he is reading to move on to 8th grade everything else, if the records are not needed it would be no problem to reset your whole account. It is like Kelly said, however it will reset every subject.

Spirit
    Time4Learning Support

Thank you, yes he is ready to move on in other areas, math is his hardest subject and before T4L he was failing, we were using a text book and he had a hard time with it, no matter how many times it was explained by me and my husband. His grades improved with this program and he seemed to be able to grasp it better, he loves the movies. But because we started in the middle of the school year he has missed so much and when tested for 7th grade level math he scored very low, everywhere else he scored int he mid to high range.

If I don't need to reregister I am fine with resetting everything. I make print outs and keep a record for myself, so that is no problem. The check marks help him to feel he is accomplishing his school work and helps him to remember where he is what he needs to do, I love a fresh slate for him for next year.

How do I go about it? Do I just send an email or is this enough to say yes lets reset it Anytime after Wednesday, it is our last day of classwork until August. Thank you Dayna

SpiritT4L is offline Columnists

Sending an email would be great. Just state in the email that you have printed off any needed records and would like the account wiped clean. I am so happy to hear your son has been improving in his studies with T4L. Tell him to keep up the GREAT work!

Spirit
    Time4Learning Support