"My Portfolio" is being redirect to Learning Odyssey log in page

Default "My Portfolio" is being redirect to Learning Odyssey log in page

Good Afternoon,
    I'm hoping you can help me solve a dilema with my computers. Both of our laptops are constantly being redirected to the Learning Odyssey log in page. There have been numerous reasons for this, the most recent links that redirect us have been level three math, division flash cards, and for two days My Portfolio. I have cleared the caches on both computers, deleted the browsing history in Internet Explorer, and cleared the history in Windows Defender. The interesting thing is that the desk top computer is not having any problems in this regard. I maintain all 3 computers, I don't see that I've done anything different between them. Any suggestions on how to prevent the misdirection?

Thank you very much for your help
    Jennifer

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi!

Clearing the cache and all that good stuff will usually do it for you. Very occasionally it is just a matter of coming back to it in a few minutes.

There can be a few reasons that the blue login screen comes up. Sometimes it can be caused by using the browser to navigate back and forth within the program, instead of the navigation within the program. So, try to avoid that.

Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

Hi,

Just logged on today and again, neither of the laptops can access "My Portfolio" without being redirected, the desk top did fine and I printed all their monthly reports from there. Also, both laptops show the updated "new look" but the desk top still comes up with the old look, yet it is the one that does not redirect. Is there possibly a setting under Internet Explorer Advanced Tools I have over looked? It has been three days that I have been unable to access it, both laptops have been rebooted three times...anything else I can do?

Thanks Again
    Jennifer

Mae
    Mae is offline Junior Member Newbie

This is happening with our desktop computer. After my daughter logs in, the Odyssey log-in pops up and we can't get past it. Started happening today. No problems last night. We don't see a "new look".

Any ideas?

T4LDave is offline Junior Member

If you are receiving the Odyssey log in screen, chances are your system's security settings are not allowing you to get to our lessons. You will need to tell your computer to allow us by adding a couple of trusted sites to your browser options.
    If using Internet Explorer, from your browser window select “Tools”.
    • Select “Internet Options”.
    • From your tab settings select “Security”.
    • Click on “Trusted Sites” and then click the sites button
    • Please add these sites:

1. www.time4learning.com
    2. www.thelearningodyssey.com
    3. www.compasslearningodyssey.com
    4. www.newhomeschooling.net
    5. www.time4learning.org
    6. 198.173.236.161
    We also suggest adding them to your allowed sites list.
    • Click on Tools
    • Select “Internet Options”
    • Click on the Privacy tab
    • Click on Sites and add the following:
    1. www.time4learning.com
    5. www.time4learning.org
    6. 198.173.236.161
    If using Firefox, from your browser window select “Tools”.
    • Under Options select “Privacy”.
    • Under cookies select “Exceptions”.
    • Please add these sites and allow them:
    1. www.time4learning.com
    5. www.time4learning.org
    6. 198.173.236.161
    You can also choose Content and under Block pop-up windows select "Exceptions" and add the same sites.
    While still in Content under Load images automatically select "Exceptions" and add the same sites there.

Hello T4LDave,

I have been unable to access the Teaching Guide for Fourth Grade Language Arts. I have been having a little difficulty with my computers and chalked it up to my settings being off somewhere. So I tried and searched and looked and checked and finally TADA!! I found it. Third and Fifth Grade Teaching Guide links start off with "http:/www.time4learning.com/App....etc" which connects you to the Teacher Guide however, Fourth Grade starts off withhttp://198.173.76.209/App...etc, That particular address, 198.173.76.209 is an invitation to the 19th Annual Orthopedics Seminar. When I left the address intact but substituted 198.173.236.161, TADA!! It connected me to the Teaching Guide. I randomly went through the Fourth Grade Language Arts chapers substituting the new numbers and it connected each time, so long story short(haha) I think the link address might need to be adjusted, others may be having a similar problem. Meanwhile, I'll just substitute the numbers, wheeee, strange, but yes this discovery did make my day, hope it is helpful to someone else too
    Jennifer

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi,
    I noticed that this issue was never responded to. We apologize! I went into the lesson plans and checked the teaching guides for fourth grade language arts. They all appear to be working. I know around the time that this posting was made we had updated our server, but I don't know if that issue you were having was caused by that. We do appreciate you taking the time to post and let others know your solution - you are very resourceful!

Once again, we do apologize for any errors you may have encountered, but everything appears to be working now. If you need additional help at anytime just contact support at [email protected] for a quicker response

Suzanne

Morrigan is offline Junior Member

Hello Dave,
    I am having troubles just like the member Jennifer about seeing the blue Odyssey login page. I saw that post and did what you had suggested by erasing my history but I still couldn't get to my portfolio. I added the sites to my "trusted sites" thing as also suggested, also the other. The only thing i didn't do was the firefox because i don't think i have firefox. I am pc challenged, and can't figure out the Time4learning glitches that seem to be here. Can't someone fix the daggone site so we pc challenged can have our kids take the quizes and get graded on them? I'b be happy to let you fix it for me if you would. just email me and let me know what you can do for us. My child needs to get her work done, so the county won't say she wasn't doing ang schooling!!! R White
    [email protected]
    Blind Sheep are exactly that...blind!

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi Morrigan,

We are sorry you are havnigf trouble. Why don't you contact support directly so they can help you with whatever problems you are having with the system. It can be hard to diagnose an issue here in the forum since everyone has different kinds of computers running different softwares and security. You can reach support by email at [email protected] or give us a call 954-771-0910 and we will be happy to assist you!

Suzanne