My profile

Thread: My profile

Amyamy253 is offline Junior Member

Question My profile

Some reason when I go into my settings to try and change things on my profile and access other things such as this I get a message saying that I don't have access to change my settings. I can't even add a pic of me.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You don't edit your profile from your settings. Select My Profile from the User Panel drop down at the top of this page, and then click on Customize My Profile.

Please let us know if that doesn't solve your problem.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

judykurzweil is offline Junior Member Newbie

Same thing happened to me, but that isn't the biggest problem. That Administrator message seems to be a virus because it leads to a page that "appears" to be a contest, authorized by Time4Learning. I am wondering if T4L has been hacked.

Judyk

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by the "administrator message"? T4L does run contests on the forum occasionally..... The forum site is very secure.

Suzanne

Michael is offline Administrator

Hi Judy,

For new members you would need to have at least two messages approved before you are able to update your profile. I see that you originally joined in March. At that time you were able to update your profile regardless of posts. To help reduce spam this change was made.

As far as the contest and message, please provide more details such as the page URL where you see the message and what it says. When attempting to update your profile it should currently say:

Your Username, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    As this would make your 2nd approved message, you would now be able to update your profile.

Thanks
    -- Michael