New format
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New format

Ourfamilyof5 is offline Junior Member

Question New format

Can there be new demo videos done for the updated format of lessons, etc?? The demos no longer help as the symbols look different (currently just check-marks saying a section is complete, no stars, spinning stars, etc). Is there something in the works or a key or something I can look at to make sure we're still on track?

MarieT4L is offline T4L Support

We are currently working on the new videos for our updated program. Please note the new look does not affect the system in any way, it is simply cosmetic. If you do have any trouble navigating please give us a call we will be happy to help you. We can be reached at 888-771-0914, we will be in the office until 7pm EST.
    MarieBB

Ourfamilyof5 is offline Junior Member

Thank you! No problems so far, I was just hoping to get updated videos so there would be updated information! I like to be able to see if things are "complete" or "mastered" and it looks like they just have checkmarks and those are a little different. Thanks again!

lanie0680 is offline Junior Member Newbie

The new format looks more professional. Yet at the same time looks like it all runs together. Maybe its just me, but I not sure I like how it all looks the same. I get that you have High school lessons and trying to make it look less childish. Just not sure this will work for the younger kids!

honeynougat is offline Junior Member Newbie

My 6 year old hates the new format, and I can't say I'm overly thrilled with it either. Not only is it plain, boring and visually unappealing, but it's much more difficult for my daughter to navigate. The icons are too large and don't fit much writing in them, and because they all look the same it's harder to distinguish which ones to use. The older format was bright, fun and easier to navigate. My daughter, being a visual learner, used to love using Time4learning, but since the change she's become more reluctant to use it. It's just not pleasing to the eye and doesn't do anything to encourage the younger children to want to use it. Where have all the fun symbols and icons gone? Who on earth decided to change a winning format into, well...this? I've been recommending Time4learning to other homeschoolers ever since we started using it, but now it just seems to have lost the appeal. It's hard to recommend something my own daughter is finding hard to use. Would it be too hard to just let the lower level students keep their old format??
    rebmul likes this.

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that your family is not happy with the new look! We did have some families test it before launching the updated release and some of those families initially felt concern over the new design, but after a short period of time, realized that it wasn't really all that different. Some students like the new more mature look.

The developer updates that have been made are intended to help make the program usable for more families. These enhancements are the first steps in allowing the program to be modernized, utilizing newer technology such as HTML5 and allowing for better accessibility on any device. Many families are using mobile devices, and these updates work towards making the program more mobile friendly and using the most up to date technology.

We do not have a way to switch back to the older format, as it will no longer be available. The developer will be using the new format to issue updates and enhancements to the lessons in the future to continue to provide a solid learning platform. The changes are simply cosmetic, and do not affect the lessons. The subjects still have the same layout, chapter/lesson/activity. So the sequencing is the same.

Ed Mouse is temporarily missing from the lower level login page, but he will be making a return soon for our younger students who enjoy watching that intro!

We will be sure to share your feedback with the developer of the program.

Suzanne

Default Also Frustrated

I also realize the need for it to look more professional especially in the older grades, but my first grader is extremely frustrated as well. He used to be able to log himself in and find his lessons. The lack of the "arrow" has provided him a lot of frustration. He's no longer sure where he needs to start. Some sort of highlighting or an arrow sure would help these younger learners out!

Quote Originally Posted by t4lsuzanne View Post
    Hi,

We are sorry to hear that your family is not happy with the new look! We did have some families test it before launching the updated release and some of those families initially felt concern over the new design, but after a short period of time, realized that it wasn't really all that different. Some students like the new more mature look.

The developer updates that have been made are intended to help make the program usable for more families. These enhancements are the first steps in allowing the program to be modernized, utilizing newer technology such as HTML5 and allowing for better accessibility on any device. Many families are using mobile devices, and these updates work towards making the program more mobile friendly and using the most up to date technology.

We do not have a way to switch back to the older format, as it will no longer be available. The developer will be using the new format to issue updates and enhancements to the lessons in the future to continue to provide a solid learning platform. The changes are simply cosmetic, and do not affect the lessons. The subjects still have the same layout, chapter/lesson/activity. So the sequencing is the same.

Ed Mouse is temporarily missing from the lower level login page, but he will be making a return soon for our younger students who enjoy watching that intro!

We will be sure to share your feedback with the developer of the program.

Suzanne

Stanly Providence is offline Junior Member

Default Difficulties

I have to agree with some of what the person you are responding to is saying here. I believe that I can get used to the difference in the look and it seems that this was what the developers were going for; a fresh look. But the previous writer made two points that I want to express also having difficulty with. The first is that you can't tell if the lesson/quiz was simply completed or if the student did well to master the subject. This truly was a great thing to see and boosted by children's confidences! They bragged about this and we worked on each subject until mastery was achieved. The other issue that I'm personally having with the changes is the fact that the icons were made so large that it cuts off what really matters about them at all. That is the lesson title written at the bottom. All we get now is the first few words and "...". I feel that the cosmetic differences are a matter of opinion so there's no need for me to comment on that. I simply want the new format to be user friendly. You know, as it was supposedly intended.

Thanks
    rebmul likes this.

PaulaT4L is offline T4L Support

We appreciate all the feedback and will be sure to forward it on to the developer. Tests and quizzes were never marked as complete before so this has not changed it just seems more present now with the new look of the system. You will however be able to see the completed quiz and test on the student score report. Based on those scores you will still be able to tell the student if they mastered a concept as the system would mark it mastered if they received a 75% or higher on the chapter test. We have received much feedback about the icons and are having the developer look into this as it is something of importance.

rebmul is offline Junior Member Newbie

The new format is horrible. My 6 year old, who normally runs to the computer for T4L, was in tears he was so frustrated and I was right there with him. And yes, you could tell if a quiz/test was completed without having to go into a report as a previous poster noted. I can not fathom why anyone would decide its a great idea to make such a significant change in the middle of the school year. If the county did this I would be in every office protesting. If we are unhappy with the changes, do you expect us to drop you and try to find another program this late in the school year? We have used T4L for several years and recommended it to many HS families. This isn't the first time you have made such major changes right in the middle of a school year either. You should have learned from that mistake. I certainly should have as well. Shame on you T4L.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast