New and need help
    Joyfulmomma is offline Junior Member

Default New and need help

Hi parents,
    We just started with T4L today with 4 of our kids. I am wondering how I as a parent assign them activities? Today I wrote down all the activities they needed to do, but there must be a wayfor them to go onto their assignments and see what they need to do. Can anyone help me figure this out? I've checked all the getting started links and can't find it.
    ~Pam
    Joyful momma to 6 beautiful blessings.

nelat4l is offline T4L Support

HI Pam.Welcome to Time4Learning!
    The assignments function is used by schools only, where each student is assigned a learning path by their teacher and only have access to one lesson at a time. Time4Learning is a home-based curriculum which does not have the ability to access the assignment function. As part of the membership fee you pay, students are provided with all material needed for the grade level they are in.
    For your planning purposes, we have provided the online scope and sequence (ie: lesson plans) for our grade levels and subjects. The lesson plans are laid out in the same sequence as the lessons within the program, so you can follow along by printing out the lesson plans and comparing them to your child’s progress report to be sure they are on track.

Joyfulmomma is offline Junior Member

Thank you for your prompt reply! So do most parents just give the kids a schedule for the week with the activity numbers they need to finish for the day? Because we're half way through the school year, I didn't want to start them at the beginning. I saw someone on here who mentioned she just had a system of having their kids do so many of each activity per subject daily. I really like the math and my kids seem to be having fun while learning.

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Pam,

Parents use the program differently. Some parents have their children follow the suggested sequence. They will look at the lesson plans and take the number of lessons for a subject and divide it by the number of days they re planning to to homeschool this year. That way they know how many lessons their child needs to complete on a daily basis to stay on track. Here is a link to the getting started guide that talks about it in more depth. Since the program is self paced you can decide to move more quickly or more slowly as you see how your child does.

Hope this helps!

Suzanne