no sound :(

Thread: no sound :(

nanny4jesus is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default no sound :(

I'm new to t4l and still trying to figure it all out. We began working in the LA ext. lessons. I thought there would be sound- that the text would be read aloud and responses would also be verbal as well as text, but we are getting nothing I tried reinstalling/updating the adobe flash player (even though the sound worked on the test target) but it didn't help. I am using a mac if that makes a difference. HELP, please

SpiritT4L is offline Columnists

Default Re: no sound :(

Depending on the grade level and the expected reading level of that grade level some lessons may not offer complete reading of passages and or questions and answers. For non-flashbased lessons you can download natural readers to read text.

Thank you for contacting us.

Natural readers is an alternate text-to-speech recognition program. It works like Peedy the Parrot but actually reads ALL online text, not just certain sections – even emails. If it can be highlighted, Natural Readers can convert it to speech. It is a different program than Time4Learning, but it is compatible with our lessons. Natural Readers offers support through their own website.
    To download Natural Readers, visit our Text-to-Speech reader hints page and click the download option.

http://www.time4learning.com/hints/Hints_MS_Agent.shtml

To get started using your natural reader follow the instructions below:

Select the start option from the bottom of your menu screen.
    Select All Programs
    Select Natural Soft Programs
    Select Free Natural Readers
    Select Free NaturalReader 2008 (the icon will be a blue box with a lightning bolt)
    Here you will find a description of your natural reader software
    Select the "Go to Miniboard" (this will put your command board in the upper right hand corner of your screen. It will also put an icon in the bottom left hand corner of your menu bar for easier access.
    Open the activity you want read and select the play option.

Spirit
    Time4Learning Support