Odyssey Writer

Thread: Odyssey Writer

maryc927 is offline Member

Default Odyssey Writer

We are relatively new to the program. My son, Daniel, has done about three writing assignments in Odyssey Writer, as of late. These need to be graded. Is there a way to grade these in a way that it will show up on the report section? This is something that has gotten me very confused.

Thanks so much!

Mary

MarieT4L is offline T4L Support

Default Odyssey Writer

The Odyssey Writer is a word processing component that students can access to respond to prompts within the program or to generate an original piece of writing. Within the Odyssey Writer, there are several tools for children to use for prewriting and editing strategies, from graphic organizers to note cards. Parents can access a rubric through the Odyssey Writer to assess student writing samples.

Parents are responsible for the actual grading of a child’s writing assignment. By clicking on the checkmark icon, a rubric will appear that gives descriptions of how to grade a sample, based on the areas of content, idea development, voice, and conventions. Parents can click in the circle to record the grade and can then print out the scores. The grades chosen will be bolded in the print-out version. Parents can also print out the corresponding writing sample.

If you have any further questions, please contact us or check out our Hints.

Thank you,

Marie, Time4Learning.com, Customer Service
    MarieBB

hjb
    hjb is offline Junior Member Newbie

Where do I find this rubric? I used the one that showed up while the student was signed in (that says "self evaluation") but, it didn't seen to 'record' anything and it still does not show up (with a checkmark) as being completed on students page. Do I find ANOTHER rubric (maybe "parent" or "teacher" evaluation?) while signed into the parent administration?
    Thanks for any help!

MarieT4L is offline T4L Support

Hi,

Scores cannot be saved in the report section. We recommend printing out the writing assignment and adding it to your portfolio with a hand written grade.

Thank You,

Marie,Time4Learning.com Customer Service
    954-771-0914