Odyssey Writer

Thread: Odyssey Writer

Edith is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Odyssey Writer

Hi, I have been using T4L for about a year and haven't had a problem but we came across the Odyssey Writer and we are not sure how to use it. Can anyone help us? We do the assignment it says and then we try to exit and it won't. Are we using it wrong or are we missing something?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Are you clicking the "Hand In" button, or trying to exit some other way?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Edith is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Odyssey Writer

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    Are you clicking the "Hand In" button, or trying to exit some other way?
    Yes we have clicked the "Hand In" button then we exit and nothing happens. The odyssey symbol comes out and that's all. It never exits and doesn't say we completed the work.

kolossomom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Used odyssey writer for the first time today with my son. It seemed to be running very slow.Turning in the assignment, and then exiting the writer were extremely time consuming.

SpiritT4L is offline Columnists

Hi All,

The odyssey writer is a bit touchy at times. First, if a lesson calls for an odyssey writer project to be submitted it will automatically open when you click on the activity star, or enter in that lessons activity number.

I know it is a trouble, but once you enter in to the odyssey writer there is no way out without closing down your browser window. On some browsers you can try to hit F5 key on your keyboard which will refresh your page.

Currently, we are grading writing assignments in grades 4th through 8th. When an Odyssey writer project is completed you will need to select the hand in option in the upper right hand corner. From there you will have to decide which teacher to hand it in to. If you want the writing project graded hand it into "Hand in Odyssey Writer Projects Here", if you do not wish for it to be graded hand it in to "Teacher Jenny".

Hope this is of some help!

Spirit

kjudim is offline Junior Member

Yea!!! This has been bugging me all year and I finally got it to work. My kids really like to have the bubbles showing complete and not being able to exit Odyssey Writer was creating major problems for them.

We do these assignments on Word so I just print the assignment and close it. To close it, hand-in to Jenny Teacher, then press exit. It will freeze at this point so press F5. It takes you back to the main lesson page but it shows the bubble complete.