Odyssey Writer problem
    beckys is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Odyssey Writer problem

My daughter has completed an assignment on Odyssey Writer and tried to turn it in but it is asking which teacher she wants to turn it in to ... and I am not an option! Lol. What do you we here? We have not turned in any odyssey writer assignments yet.

Thanks!

T4LSue is offline T4L Support

In order for a writing assignment to mark as complete, it must be handed in. Students can hand in finished projects by clicking on the last icon in the orange toolbar that indicates a hand holding a piece of paper. A screen will appear that asks which teacher the child would like to hand the assignment into. Any teacher can be selected. The child will scroll down and click send at the bottom of the screen.

Parents are responsible for the actual grading of a child’s writing assignment. By clicking on the checkmark icon, a rubric will appear that gives descriptions of how to grade a sample, based on the areas of content, idea development, voice, and conventions.Parents can also print out the corresponding writing sample.

beckys is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you so much! I knew I had to grade the assignment, we just didn't know what to do when it asked what teacher to turn it in to. And that was the only step that wasn't explained in the FAQ thing! Thanks again!

leialenator is offline Junior Member Newbie

I've had this same problem, but we went ahead and sent it off to one of the teachers thinking it was some T4L employee or something. I feel kind of silly now, and I hope we haven't messed anything up by "handing in" these assignments.

Is there a way to put myself on there as a teacher so that my children can send their OW stuff to me? I may just be nit-picking but I hate that those assignments look unfinished just because all I can do is grade them and print the grade out. It seems like there would be another option so it's finished.

~Leia

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi,

You do need to hand in the assignment - that is what marks it complete - but it doesn't matter who you choose as the teacher. The assignment doesn't "go" to anyone it simply marks it as complete. Then you can go into the progress report click on the hyper linked N/A that shows in the grade column, which opens the assignment, and grade it. By clicking on the checkmark icon, a rubric will appear that gives descriptions of how to grade a sample, based on the areas of content, idea development, voice, and conventions. Parents can also print out the corresponding writing sample.

Hope this helps

Suzanne

brads770 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Unhappy Odyssey Writer problem

My son has "turned in" his assignment, but I do not know where to go to find it.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Odyssey Writer problem

Hi, Brad. You can find you answer in your other post: Where to find Odyssey Writer assignments. I'll back up a little for you here, in case you haven't explored enough to know where to go to generate a report yet. Log in to your parent dashboard, click on Reports, choose Time4Learning, and then select Customized Report. You can sort the report via the dropdown menu at the left to only include Odyssey Writer assignments, or just select "All" and look through the report to identify the Odyssey Writer assignments.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!