Once the Kinks on the Activity Planner Are Worked Out ...
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By YennyT4L
  • 1 Post By marschmitt

Thread: Once the Kinks on the Activity Planner Are Worked Out ...

lac.ddclc is offline Member

Question Once the Kinks on the Activity Planner Are Worked Out ...

I understand T4L is still working out the kinks in the new update of the activity planner, so I won't ask why some weeks list all of the activities they're supposed to but others do not. I merely mentioned that to let you know it's one of the kinks.

My son is moving through a couple of subjects faster than what the schedule requires, so I may be changing a couple of subjects earlier than originally planned. So ... once you get the kinks out ...

1. Will we still be able to view by subject as we were able to do before the update? Being able to view one subject at a time helps to see progress in that particular subject. I don't see that option anymore and hope I'm just missing something.

2. Will we be able to create different plans for different subjects? Will step "2 - Select Subjects & Activities" in the detailed planner be available once we fill out step 1? Step 2 is grayed out right now so I can't see the options the way I was able to see them prior to the update. I'm afraid to try it because we're not ready to create a new plan for the new subjects just yet. We will soon though, so I'd like to be prepared.

Thank you for any info you can provide. I'll let you get back to work on smoothing out that update now.

LoriUlichnie is offline Junior Member

I would also like to keep the option to start 2-3 lessons into the subject. This was the second section under create your schedule for the old scheduler. That way, if my child works ahead in one subject, I can take the chapters left and spread them across the months left.

Thanks! I look forward to all the neat, new functions with this!

YennyT4L is offline Administrator

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work out these kinks with the new planner! We have taken all the feedback received from our parents and made this change. The new planner will now automatically check the activities off as "Done" once your student has completed them. This will not be live; however at 1am everyday this will update.

1. You are correct, that is not a function that will no longer be available. You will only have access to a weekly view or viewing the entire planner.

2. Yes, you should be able to see it. If you are not, please try to load it in a different browser.
    Yenny

http://www.Time4Learning.com
    - Online interactive curriculum for home use, PreK-8th Grade.
    http://www.Time4Writing.com - Online writing tutorials for high, middle, and elementary school students.
    https://www.time4learning.net - A forum to chat with parents online about kids, education, parenting and more...

Quote Originally Posted by YennyT4L View Post
    "1. You will only have access to a weekly view or viewing the entire planner."

Inconvenient, but still doable. It was nice to be able to focus on one subject at a time though. Thank you for letting me know.

BTW, I use Firefox, which I think is recommended somewhere on this site (not fond of Chrome or IE anyway). I think we're up to version 40-point-something now. And I clear my cache often. When the time comes to update his schedule, I'll let you know if I run into any problems. Until then ... keep up the good work!

YennyT4L is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lac.ddclc View Post
    Inconvenient, but still doable. It was nice to be able to focus on one subject at a time though. Thank you for letting me know.

BTW, I use Firefox, which I think is recommended somewhere on this site (not fond of Chrome or IE anyway). I think we're up to version 40-point-something now. And I clear my cache often. When the time comes to update his schedule, I'll let you know if I run into any problems. Until then ... keep up the good work!

I was able to get an update on a few things that are currently being worked on.

At this time, here are the items we are working on fixing and adding back into the planner.

1. Option to View by Subject
    2. Correct "Select All" option in detailed plan (Removing the check mark inside the Select All box doesn't work at this time. Unless you manually remove check marks on chapters, lessons or activities when creating the detailed plan, all material will appear. )
    3. Save as PDF option
    4. Weekly Breaks (this currently appears when generating a plan but they will be adding it to the Saved Plans page, too.

Yenny

http://www.Time4Learning.com
    - Online interactive curriculum for home use, PreK-8th Grade.
    http://www.Time4Writing.com - Online writing tutorials for high, middle, and elementary school students.
    https://www.time4learning.net - A forum to chat with parents online about kids, education, parenting and more...

Quote Originally Posted by YennyT4L View Post
    "I was able to get an update on a few things that are currently being worked on.

At this time, here are the items we are working on fixing and adding back into the planner.

1. Option to View by Subject
    2. Correct "Select All" option in detailed plan (Removing the check mark inside the Select All box doesn't work at this time. Unless you manually remove check marks on chapters, lessons or activities when creating the detailed plan, all material will appear. )
    3. Save as PDF option
    4. Weekly Breaks (this currently appears when generating a plan but they will be adding it to the Saved Plans page, too."

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lac.ddclc View Post
    "I understand T4L is still working out the kinks in the new update of the activity planner, so I won't ask why some weeks list all of the activities they're supposed to but others do not. I merely mentioned that to let you know it's one of the kinks."

Update: I can see improvement already. Activities that were previously missing in some weekly schedules after the update are now showing up. Thank you for staying on top of things.

marschmitt is offline Junior Member

I really like that the activities get automatically marked as completed. I would REALLY love to be able to see the grade received (if applicable) as well so my child and I do not have to go back and forth all the time from assignments to grade book. It would be lovely to have it all on one page.
    DandyBrandee likes this.