open letter to moderators and tech support
    hsforlife is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default open letter to moderators and tech support

It would be very helpful and compassionate when people say they are having problems - whatever they happen to be - with T4L, that you do not respond, "It works for me" or "I can't duplicate your problem". That isn't helpful at all. If you don't have anything helpful to say, then just don't answer.
    OR! You could say, "The Odyssey program just sucks, sometimes" That would be very compassionate, \/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: open letter to moderators and tech support

Oh, I like your "sucks" reply! (I don't think I could get away with using it, though! ) That's probably true of all computer programs at some point.

I'm sorry you've been disappointed with some of your replies. We do need to respond in some way to everyone's posts; otherwise, they're left wondering if their question was overlooked.

The first step in helping someone with a technical problem is to try and duplicate it. The purpose is to immediately determine whether the problem is the result of a site malfunction or if the user's computer settings might be the culprit.

In the case of a site malfunction, we can easily repair things on our end.

When the user's computer settings are in question, there are many, many things that could be causing the difficulty. Often, the only thing to do is to choose one possibility, try it, and then try another if that one doesn't work.

We'd be happy to try and help with any specific problem. Just post the details on this forum, or call customer support at (954) 771-0914. The number is staffed from 8:30 to 6:00, eastern time.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

poorbabi is offline Member Newbie

I know we have had a problem with the quiz areas not always working correctly. We start a quiz and it will do question 1 and 2 and go back to question 1 and never let her finish. It has happened on all computers here in the house. I was told well we can not duplicate it. and That no one else has reported it. I have a friend who does T4L who has had the same thing happen to her on all their computers. It rarely happens but it does. If it was only one computer I would think well the computer is acting up. But we have 3 and all of them act up when it happens.I feel somewhere there is a glitch and I am just having to live with it. We go back sometimes the next day and all works fine.
    I had reported this last yr but never got a responce.

Lisa

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by poorbabi
    I know we have had a problem with the quiz areas not always working correctly. We start a quiz and it will do question 1 and 2 and go back to question 1 and never let her finish. It has happened on all computers here in the house. I was told well we can not duplicate it. and That no one else has reported it. I have a friend who does T4L who has had the same thing happen to her on all their computers. It rarely happens but it does. If it was only one computer I would think well the computer is acting up. But we have 3 and all of them act up when it happens.I feel somewhere there is a glitch and I am just having to live with it. We go back sometimes the next day and all works fine.
    I had reported this last yr but never got a responce.

Lisa

Hi just wanted to let you know we have had the same problem at my place we have two pc's and a laptop and it has happened on all three before. When my hubby got on to check it out it didn't do it for him but two minutes later it did it for me. What I didn't know was that he was using a different browser then I was. I use Mozilla firefox and he had used Internet Explorer. So if you use the same browser on all your computers for T4L it might be that. We still primarily use firefox but if we run across a problem we try it in Explorer and some of the time it works other times it turns out to be a problem on t4l end. Hope this helps.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS