Previewing and Lesson Prep
    Camey82 is offline Junior Member

Question Previewing and Lesson Prep

I'm trying to view the lessons my son will be completing this week WITHOUT it showing up as lessons that he's opened or begun. The "How To" section said to use the button at the top left hand corner and it will keep it from appearing as an assignment in his report. Unfortunately I've found that every lesson I previewed is right there in his report.

This is frustrating me as this is our first year with T4L and I'm finding it a little cumbersome to organize and prep for. There are no fast forward buttons, rewind buttons to get through the lessons. I want to see exactly the extent of the lesson, but I don't necessarily need to hear EVERY. SINGLE. SECOND. of it! That's one thing I hope T4L improves at some point. Parents should be able to thumb through lessons in their entirety without having to actually listen and participate in the entire lesson to know what's going on. I need to be privy to the extent and depth of the lessons to make sure that he's getting good solid lessons and fill in the gaps where necessary all while still effectively using the reporting system provided by T4L. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong and why everything I preview consistently shows up on his report?

I also need tips on how you plan out your child's week. I was thinking I'd create a document that I can put in a folder for him to use as a weekly folder/agenda to keep his assignments in once they are completed as well as keeping together what it is he has to do for the week. How do you all handle your older semi-independent schoolers daily/weekly schedule?

MarieT4L is offline T4L Support

The Time4Learning program provides members with a full year’s worth of curriculum that is laid out in a suggested sequence with lessons building on each other. The program prompts your child to move from lesson to lesson marking them off as they are completed. Since the program is self-paced, you can decide how many lessons your child completes each day. The assignments function is used by teachers in schools and only allows them to assign one lesson at a time to their entire class. Since Time4Learning is a home-based curriculum, the assignments feature is not functional for home use.

To help with lesson planning, Time4Learning has designed an activity scheduler that can be used to figure out how many lessons to do per week, and can be accessed through the parent administration page. The activity scheduler allows you to break down the curriculum week- by-week into an easy to follow plan that can be printed out and saved in PDF form. Each activity is assigned a learning a learning activity number (LA#) which will be included on the generated schedule. The student can then type this LA# into the activity finder on your child’s launch page which will take them directly to the activity.

Thank You,Time4Learning.com Customer Service
    [email protected]
    6300 NE 1st Ave., Ste 203
    Ft Lauderdale, FL 33334
    Phone: (954) 771-0914
    | Fax: (954) 827-7600

If you have any further questions please contact us or check out our Hints.