Problem with 5th Gr. Language Arts
    J. Meyers is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Problem with 5th Gr. Language Arts

My dd is working on LA Chapter 2, Process Skills: Think Alouds Level 2, Part 3. Everything is fine until she gets to the screen with the text on the 4th screen. The first section doesn't appear. On our PC, the text begins with the words, "switched my hand around. Even then that..." Only half of the text is visable. On the laptop, the text begins with the next paragraph, with, "My grandmother like most experienced..." I called Time 4 Learning and downloaded both Shockwave and Flash on both computers. but that's as good as it got. What next?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

This lesson works fine with me. There is a slider at the far right of the reading selection, which allows you to scroll through the whole selection, no matter which screen you are on. Have you tried clicking on that and dragging it up or down?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yes, we tried the slider on both. That's how we got to what text we do have. We've also discovered that we're missing something at the end too.

SpiritT4L is offline Columnists

Hi all,

It is your shockwave player. You can update this by running the System requirements her http://www.childu.com/systemrequirements.html.

Spirit

If you are running on Windows XP do not re-boot your computer after downloading the shockwave player. Restarting the computer is not required for the Shockwave Player installation. Users get stuck in an endless loop and restarting will not help. The error message comes up every time the browser calls the Shockwave Player. The Shockwave Player will not work, and no content is viewable through the player. See uninstalling your macromedia shockwave before installing the most updated version.

I myself had a lot of trouble downloading the shockwave player. I had to download it three times. I would suggest to try this activity on another computer if you have that available to you as an option. My only other suggestion would be to attempt the download again.

You will likely need to use the uninstaller from Adobe's website because a simple upgrade does not usually work.

Here are the steps to follow:

Click this link or copy and paste it into your browser:
    http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/down ... rsion=MSIE

Click Download Now and either click run or click save then open the file.

Follow the instructions and complete the un-install.

Next go to this link and install the latest *Shockwave* player:
    http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/down ... omoid=BIOY

Ok, that worked and I got the green check for Shockwave, however it only got me two more lies of text!?

Could it be a problem with java?

I do not think it could be Java The developers say that it can only be shockwave. This seems to always happen in the Think Aloud in the Language Arts lessons. Maybe try another lesson and see how it works Or maybe it is taking a second