Problems getting started!
    sahmomof9 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Problems getting started!

My kids were going to start the program today, but they can't. I have one kind of minor problem,and one HUGE one. The small problem is that the website does NOT recognize me every time I sign on--I have to re-log in each and every time, even though I checked the box "remember me".

The second problem is HUGE. NOWHERE is it mentioned about not being able to use this program with AOL--probably one of the most common web browsers around! I am SO not happy with that, after having NO problem getting into the site, being anxious to start, then having my kids unable to sign on! It says to use Internet Explorer, and for whatever reason, the IE page keeps disappearing as I type in the web addy, and will not stay up. And anyway, I don't WANT to hassle with any other browser--I have AOL!

PLEASE tell me this problem will be corrected fast, or I will not be able to use this program, and I really wanted to use it! Marilyn

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Problem #1: Try clearing your cache, and let us know if that doesn't work.

Problem #2: There is information about using Time4Learning with AOL in the FAQs. You need to minimize your AOL browser first. Unfortunately, not all computer programs work with all browsers. I keep three browsers installed, so I can use the one that works best with the program I am running.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

sahmomof9 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Bimbo Mom has NO idea what a "cache" is . But whatever. Things look better at least for now, as far as signing in goes.

Both boys were able to access their lessons on the site by getting in through other screen names. No clue why mine was so quirky!

The boys have been online ALL AFTERNOON, doing various lessons, and having a blast! My husband has seen them at work, too, and was really pleased (YAY!!!). And it's great to know where the boys are at academically, finally. I feel MUCH more in control now. And the boys are thrilled to not be "doing school" (using textbooks). Both boys are moving ahead so fast I can't believe it! They might just move up a grade level or two in no time!

I haven't tried doing anything with record keeping yet--that's my next hurdle. But thanks SO MUCH, Kelly, for all your help! You have made this "veteran" homeschool mom feel like I finally know what I'm doing--a miracle! Marilyn

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Great to hear, Marilyn! Keep us posted and let us know if you have any more questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!