removing quizes from the report
    mommieteacher is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default removing quizes from the report

My son completed a quiz yesterday and made 100%. Today, my son accidently opened the quiz again and answered the first 2 questions before he realized that he had already taken and passed the quiz. Clicked out of the quiz and now it is on my report and is averaged in as a score of 20%. What do I do to remove this quiz?

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

Default Re: removing quizes from the report

you can't remove it from there but you can reconfigure his average yourself and keep it recorded elsewhere. If I'm wrong I am sure Kelly may have a beter answer for you. I had that problem in the beginning or I want his retake to not average in to his grade as taking the quiz twice. I take all his percentages, with the one I do not want not included, I add them together and then divide by how many grades I added together for the new average and just record this in my grade book instead of the percentage it shows with an explanation on the bottom of the printed out reports
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

If he didn't FINISH the quiz the second time, it will not appear on his actual Report.

When you open your child's portfolio (backpack icon), it defaults to the Recent Work tab. All program access appears here, even incomplete work. It stays there for a maximum of one month. This is a good, quick place for you to check up on what your student has been doing.

Look above that. There are three tabs, and one of them is called "Reports". Click on it. Only COMPLETED work will appear in this area. This is where you should print reports. If your child did not complete the quiz during his second access, it will not show up in the actual "Reports" area and it will not be figured into his average on his printed reports.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

poorbabi is offline Member Newbie

This made me think about a question my husband and I have been wondering about. If my daughter makes a low score we go back ove rthe lesson and do the quiz or test again. Will T4L ever fix it so the higher score will be the only one listed? The way it is now it can make the averges look lower then they are.
    It would be great to have the correct averges at the ned of each week, month or even school year.

Lisa

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There are many methods of calculating a grade average. It would be a nightmare to program all of the possible methods.

Time4Learning uses the method commonly used in schools, where the student receives the average of multiple attempts. You can understand why schools use this method, because it might not seem "fair" for a student who requires multiple attempts to receive the same score as a student who performed well the first time.

The reports provide a lot of information. If a parent wants to use a different method of calculating a final grade, they can just cross off the grade at the bottom and write in their own grade. My reports have my own notes penciled all over them. If you have to provide the report to someone else, a somewhat "used" appearance can even add credibility.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!