Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Report programming errors here.

If you believe there is an error in the program itself, please report it here.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

goodnsimple

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:31 am Post subject: Math mistakes
    [ Auto-Approve all future posts in this topic ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure if I am posting this stuff in the right place.
    I have posted a few times under tech. questions, but haven't recieved feedback.
    I wonder if I am supposed to call someone???
    We have found more mistakes in 6th grade math.
    In the Operations with Whole Numbers...In the Area lesson...
    On the resource page there are a couple problems without enough information to solve them. (base or hight are both missing, but you're to find the area)
    also the program does not cover how to work the formula backward. (from area and base to find the hight) but then there are questions asking the kids to do that in the quiz.
    (Trust me, it is not intuitive)
    Anyway... is it best to post here, or under tech. questions...or should I email or call?
    Thanks,
    Kari

For informations sake.
    I would postpone this lesson until after the ones on ratio, fractions and decimals...as it uses all of these, without explanation. (I did notice that there is another area lesson further on) That was frustrating, as the main title is Operations with WHOLE numbers.
    ds had less trouble with it than his poor mother.

hearthstone_academy
    [ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:19 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When errors are reported on this board, I work the lesson to confirm the error and then post a reply saying the error has been reported to the program developer. (Most of the error reports I receive are actually due to a misunderstanding on the user's part or something a small tweak to their comptuer system resolves.) Although I try to see that the majority of posts receive a reply within 24 hours, an error report might take a bit longer.

When there is an actual error, Time4Learning reports it to the program developer, who corrects it during periodic updates. The process can take awhile. Unfortunately, the initial reporter may have already moved on in their lessons. (Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license allowing them to offer it to individuals. Time4Learning is not the developer of the program.)

Thank you for your report. User feedback is necessary to make the program the best it can be.

Forum Moderator, Homeschooling 6 Kids for 12 Years
    My Blog

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

lisas

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:33 pm Post subject: incorrect answer key

Hi,
    I just found that one of the answer keys in 5th grade math is incorrect. On the Expanding to billions key, the answer to number 7 is marked as "C" on the key and it should be "B".

Also, in Social Studies and Math, is there no answer key for the quizzes? It marks which one was wrong but doesn't tell us what the correct answer should have been.

Thanks.

hearthstone_academy
    [ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:08 pm Post subject:

You are right! That is an error, and I will report it. Thank you for helping provide accurate answer keys.

Because the quizzes and tests are usually different each time they are attempted, it is technically challenging to provide answer keys for them. Parents who are confused about a correct answer sometimes post here, and we figure it out together. That isn't ideal, but it's a possible work-around.

My Blog

t4lwebster
    Site Admin
    [ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:32 am Post subject:

Good catch! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

We will report the error to the developers and let you know as soon as we have the key corrected.

ADSMama

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:19 pm Post subject:

I think We also found a incorrect answer in math it is 7th grade math roman & greek numerals,#11

hearthstone_academy
    [ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:34 pm Post subject:

I scrolled through seventh grade math a couple of times and I'm not finding that lesson. What is the lesson activity number, or what subsection is it under? Thanks.

My Blog

ADSMama

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:17 am Post subject: Sorry ,it was 5th grade math not 7th

We found it before she moved up to grade level..it is MA5111 #11 Greek & Roman numerals

Blog Entries

lisas

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:43 pm Post subject: Dead Link to Worksheet

Help -- the worksheet to lesson # 56813 The Box Stop worksheet is a dead link. It does not link to the worksheet. We are working on this now and need the worksheet asap. I've sent a message to support as well, but thought I would cross-post here for optimum support.
    Thanks.

hearthstone_academy
    [ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:19 pm Post subject:

I tried to check this out. 56813 isn't a valid lesson activity number. What subject and grade level is this?

You can access worksheets through the lesson plans OR by using the "Resource" link under the lesson activity icon. Which of those methods did you try? If one doesn't work, the other one might work for you until we get this identified and fixed.

Thank you for the report and for providing additional information.

My Blog

lisas

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm Post subject: Dead link

I got the same reply from tech support that it isn't a valid number. If you go tot he lesson plans, and pull up 5th grade math, in Chapter 2, Under Exponents, you will see the first lesson is "The Box Stop" it is numbered, on the lesson plan as 56813. There is a worksheet icon next to the lesson, as in all the 5th grade math lessons, however when the worksheet icon is clicked on it takes you to a site map of the Time 4 Learning website instead of the worksheet.

If it is not a valid number, then it is printed incorrectly in the 5th grade math lesson plan.

lisas

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:56 pm Post subject: got it through child login

Thanks Kelly for the tip on getting the worksheets through the lesson in child login, I did it that way and was able to get it, however the lessson plan in the parent login is still incorrect.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

hearthstone_academy
    [ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:56 pm Post subject:

I'm glad you were able to get to the worksheet you need through your student's lesson. Thanks for letting me know about the lesson plan error. I'll report it.

My Blog

Blog Entries

lisas

[ Auto-Approve this user ]

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:45 pm Post subject: More Errors

The tech support still has not fixed the missing worksheet link on 5th grade math. And the supporting answer key is also a dead link, so this is not available as well. The lesson is called "The Box Stop" 56813
    thanks.

Blog Entries

goodnsimple

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:25 pm Post subject: oops in history

4th grade level,
    Social studies - Mayan science quiz
    one question asks "The mayan calenders would coincide every... (answer would be 52 years) but they don't exactly coincide... they combine for a cycle of 52 years. I think the wording should be changed so as to use the words correctly.

also, another question shows a mayan symbol for a number, and asks what number it represents, unfortunatly (or helpfully, depending on your point of view) the number it represents is printed below it! one easy answer correct.

It would also be helpful to have an example of a number greater than 20 using the Mayan place value system. We could not figure out if forty two would be four dots and then two dots or the symbol for twenty twice. and is 20 the symbol for 19 and a dot or two dots and a zero?!! Ok, now I am so curious I am going to look it up.

More pictures please!! in Social studies. If you can't animate (which would be great!) Then lets see some more photos!

Cool fact we looked up, next total solar eclipse in North America is Aug 21, 2017. ds8's sr. year! Will we be homeschooling??

Blog Entries

witchly

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:07 pm Post subject: unreadable bar graph images

In 6th grade math, chapt 6, quiz MA6642 (quiz on bar graphs) many of the images are poor quality and hard to read. One in particular is not readable at all
    http://www.thelearningodyssey.com/Asses ... tem1_1.gif

We are using Firefox 3

hearthstone_academy
    [ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:10 pm Post subject:

That IS really impossible to read. I was able to click Page/Zoom and magnify it enough to read . . . but just barely. That's something that the developer has to fix, but we'll report it to them. Thanks for letting us know.

My Blog

witchly

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 pm Post subject:

Thanks Kelly - there are other graphs in that same area that are a poor quality, but we could manage to read them enough at least. Hopefully, they will take a look at all of them and get a better quality image up there. The kids should be able to easily read, without manipulating, the images needed.

Blog Entries

goodnsimple

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:09 pm Post subject: incorrect answers on quiz

On 6th grade level, Expanded notation quiz there are two answers that are incorrect.
    #3 and #4.
    #3 the wrong answer is marked as correct. it asks for expanded form but marked the standard form as correct.
    #4 it asks for standard form and marks the expanded form as correct...and does not have the standard form as an answer choice.
    Please get these fixed as soon as possible, this is a very confusing topic and for the quiz to be wrong...really we had fits with it.
    It is hard enough for ds to believe I know what I am talking about...it is worse when I have to contradict the computer!
    is there a way for me to change his grade? He should have had a 90.
    And I am not sure on the other one he missed...that could have been wrong also.

hearthstone_academy
    [ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:17 pm Post subject:

Is it Quiz: Exponential Notation and Expanded Form 2³= 2*2*2 or something else?

My Blog

goodnsimple

[ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:56 pm Post subject:

Yes, I believe that is the one.

hearthstone_academy
    [ Remove Auto-Approve ]

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:43 pm Post subject:

I tried these. You are right! Thank you for letting us know. We'll report this to the developer of the program.

My Blog

natsmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

The page doesn't come up for lesson plans I need for today. The website as a whole seems to be very slow in uploading pages.

Blog Entries

natsmom, there were technical difficulties earlier that caused the site to run very slowly. They are reported to be resolved now. Please try again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast