Report programming errors here. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

lisas

[ Auto-Approve this user ]

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:04 pm Post subject: Another Answer Key Error
    [ Auto-Approve all future posts in this topic ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note in 5th grade math there is another answer key with an error. The lesson 5621 question E. should be 8 to the power of 3. Not 3 to the power of 3. http://time4learning.com/app/admin/Pare ... 81_key.pdf

I'm getting a little concerned as to the errors on the answer keys. We've only just started this and I have found two errors on answer keys in as many weeks of using the program. What happens when we get to really advanced stuff and I can't catch an error because it isn't relatively simple math? Does anyone review these answer keys before they are posted?
    Lisa

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

witchly is offline Senior Member Guru

Default Missing from lesson Plans - Worksheet & Answer Key

Grade 6
    Math
    Chapter 6 - Graphing
    Coordinate Graphing
    Ordered Pairs MA6671

In the students area there is a resource worksheet listed
    http://www.thelearningodyssey.com/works ... 1_wkst.pdf

In the T4L Lesson Plans for parents the worksheet is not listed, nor is any answer key.
    Robyn
    Secular homeschooler of 1 son (14)
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/RobynsOnlineWorld.1.gif

Default 6th Grade Math

Grade 6
    Math
    Chapter 6 - Graphing
    Stem & Leaf Activity

Within the activity, I believe it is in the first set of 3 questions - question 3 - they show a stem and leaf plot and give 4 choices for answers. A says they stems are not in order and if you click A it says correct which is fine. However answer D says that the the stem and leaf is wrong because they data does not match. This IS true, it doesn't match, but if you select D as the answer it says you are wrong because they data does match. This needs to be corrected.

Also, on the Stem & Leaf Quiz directly after this activity, it's the new style of quiz again, but it's not the easiest to use in this format. Because they have everything in that small window, the student has to scroll up and down to view the question data and the 4 different answers. There is a lot of scrolling back and forth because they window they show the quiz in is so small (we have large monitors so it's not us). For questions like some of these with having to compare the graphs and charts there is a lot of scrolling and it is a bit confusing. Would be much easier to have a larger area to view at once I think.
    Robyn

Another math issue. This is in the worksheets actually. We downloaded 6th grade, chapter 6 - worksheet/answer sheet MA66123 to do today. It should be about using pictures/graphics/logic charts to solve word problems. You can even see that the bottom of page 2 has a sample logic chart. The first couple of questions seem similar to what we did in the lessons that went with this, but then from 4 - 12 they are all about fractions. None of them use the logic chart at all to have to solve them. I think that someone put the wrong questions in that worksheet actually. Still good practice on fractions, but not what the lesson was about really.

Thanks!
    Robyn

Blog Entries

ambertopaz75

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:50 pm Post subject: Answer guide with wrong answer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 5th grade math activity 56279 it asks the kids to write in standard form and it gives( for question D) four hundred billion,seven hundred four thousand. On the answer form it writes it out as 4,000,704,000 not 400,000,704,000.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

Default wrong answer given on answer key

For the 5th grade math activity worksheet MA5_MA5123 question 7 has the answer as c when it should be b
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

Blog Entries

Ambertopaz, I just checked and agree the answer should be "b". Thank you!

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

Hi-
    Just wanted to let you know that today while my son was doing "6th Grade Math: Roman Numerals Quiz" there was a messed up multiple choice answer.
    On Question 3, you have answer B and C as the same answer.... AND they are both the wrong answer. There is no where to pick the right answer, as none is posted.

Thanks-
    Aandwsmom

Here is page code: MA6112

Also, he just winged it and guessed answer C(since B and C were listed the same) and I know all his other questions were answered right, he only got 90% so am assuming that in reality.... answer B is "encoded" to be the right answer BUT it doesnt have it listed as such. If that makes sense.

nixpix is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default problem with grade 6 math quiz

My son just took the grade six math quiz Estimating and rounding fractions.

Question 9 reads:

Which of the following is the best estimate of ?
    A) 23 1/2
    B) 24
    C) 24 1/2
    D) 25

It did not list a number before the question mark, so I had him pick a random number to complete the quiz, which, of course was incorrect. When we reviewed the Question, we found the sentence complete:

Which of the following is the best estimate of 25 9/20?

Blog Entries

Hmm, the question asks, "Which of the following is the best estimate of 24 9/20?" for me, and it all appears to be there. We'll see if tech support has other reports of the same kind of problem. How frustrating for your son! Thank you for your report.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast