reporting offensive private messages
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    3squirts is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default reporting offensive private messages

Is there any way to report offensive private messages?

SpiritT4L is offline Columnists

Hi 3squirts,

Thank you! We have had a couple other reports and have already banned this user. To assure this does not happen again we are busy setting forth new ground rules for forum messaging. We apologize for any awkwardness and appreciate your immediate action in reporting this issue to us.

Thank you,

Spirit

jennm2203 is offline Member Newbie

Yea, I got one too...LOL RITA wants to have a relationship with me, I wonder what my husband would think of that one?!? Isn't it funny how these scammers, phishers and virus spreaders go everywhere to screw people over! Nothing is sacred.

Word to the wise, be careful and never click a link in a message or email even if it says it goes to a familiar site, open a new browser window and either use your bookmarks or enter in the site name yourself, links are BAD!

That's good advice. We have blocked over 10,000 spammers this year. 1 out of 10,000 isn't that bad. We are working on keeping out even the one out 10,000.

cassiedavis@opbincome.com is offline Member Newbie

I just got one to,

Hello [email protected],

The following is an email sent to you by rita20love via your account on Time4Learning. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

[email protected]

Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of rita20love.

Message sent to you follows
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!
    I am a lady of 23, I found you profil here at (www.time4learning.net) and picked interest in you.
    My name is RITA.I wish to be in love relationship with you
    and may be discover ourselves as real partners for life
    pls send your e- mail to my address ([email protected])
    so that i will send my picture to you

Is this what everyone else is getting as well ?

Yes, that is exactly it. Every time an email is sent through a forum account it comes up that it is coming from [email protected]. We are in the process of implementing a ban on emailing from within the forum until the new member is out of their trial period within our forum standards and rules.

That would be a good idea, and maybe have a box they have to check stating that there message does not contain and spam or something to that affect. ( but that is just my opinion. lol )

What kind of trail period is there ? I have not come across anything that talks about that.

Haroldlp is offline Member Newbie

Mainly because we don't publicize it, but all new member posts to an existing or starting a new topic are moderated. Before they are visible on the board they are first checked by a moderator to be sure they are legitimate.

There is a set number of posts before that moderation is removed and the posts are then shown immediately. I am in the process of implementing the same level of restriction on PM and e-mail. With the exception that they are NOT read by a moderator but are based on the number of approved messages to the open forum.

That's great that you guys are going to such lengths to help protect your members.

Now I have a question ( I think I should have asked first) ( sorry ) I added 2 links in my signature of my profile that shows up whenever I post is that ok.
    Just to have those there ?

I don't talk about them in my post , email or try to spam other members.

If not let me know and I can remove them. I love this forum and wouldn't want to risk losing privileges here.

Haroldlp is offline Member Newbie

The way you have them is fine, it is oversize banners that would be a problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast