Reports Function Adding an Extra Day
    AskFloppy is offline Junior Member

Default Reports Function Adding an Extra Day

Started noticing this recently. When generating a report for a range of dates, the report actually adds the preceding day, i.e., when you generate a Monday-Friday report, Sunday also shows up. Since I always print out reports weekly for Monday-Friday, and we don't normally do any work on Sundays, I thought the extra (preceding) date was only showing up in the heading.

But, when I wanted to view work done over the last couple of days, and generated a report for Aug. 25 and 26, the report not only showed Aug. 24 in the heading, but also included the day's work done on Aug. 24.

I often view my child's reports for a day or two at a time during the week to keep track of time spent. If not for this, I'll bet I never would've noticed the report function was actually adding the preceding day's work.

Most people probably won't find the added day to be a problem if they only view/print reports on a weekly basis and don't school on weekends. I'm diligent about printing reports weekly, so if this is something that can't be fixed, it's not the end of the world--just thought you might want to know about it.

Thanks!

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

I just noticed the same thing and it threw me for a minute. My son does school work seven days a week,meaning he can work on school any day of the week but doesn't actually do seven days of school work each week . So having an extra day added is a bit frustrating but I pushed back(or would that be up) the begin date when generating the report i.e. 7-1-11 when I need 6-30-11 to be the first day of the report. Now all I have to do is remember to do this each week if it doesn't get fixed. lol
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

It is really annoying when you want a report for just one day! It's not the end of the world, but it sure is annoying.
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

AskFloppy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ambertopaz75 View Post
    ...having an extra day added is a bit frustrating but I pushed back(or would that be up) the begin date when generating the report i.e. 7-1-11 when I need 6-30-11 to be the first day of the report. Now all I have to do is remember to do this each week if it doesn't get fixed. lol
    Hadn't thought of that--I'll start doing that myself. Will just have to remember to double-check what day's work the report actually shows, and not just rely on the dates I use to generate the report.

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

But what about one day! Every night I want to run a duration report and see how long it took ds to do the online portion of T4L for that day. The silly thing won't let me look at just one day.
    Arghh!
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi All,

We actually had someone call us today and report this. We have put in a ticket with the developer to have this looked at. We are sorry for the frustration! If you have issues like this in the future you will get you quickest response if you email [email protected]. The forum is monitored however emails are responded to within 24 hours. We are here to help you whenever you need it!

Suzanne