Shockwave Player
    hartprnt is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Shockwave Player

I have had a great deal of agony keeping T4L Lessons to open.
    I removed vista basic from her laptop, reinstalled Xp Home, clean with all updates to the
    OS, Flash, Java Shockwave. Checked all settings. Computer worked beautifully, logged into
    T4L, this morning, then all of a sudden, the lessons would not load again. Have, 3 computer,
    none of which I can open her lessons, on. The system check says I do not have Shockwave Player,
    however all test from Adobe verify my Shockwave Player installation, have tested the site, without
    any filrewall, or antivirus, have reset browser settings, and we still cannot access or load the lessons.
    This has been an ongoing problem for the last couple of months and I am going to have to do something
    else if I cannot get this to work.

We love the program, and the curriculum, it had been a God-send to us, but I am frustrated beyond
    belief. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, for any help.

DawnT4L is offline T4L Support

Default Re: Shockwave Player

Hi hartprnt,

You can download an alternateAuthorware Web Player which offers online learning applications and has been shown to assist those who have trouble downloading Shockwave on their computers.

Sometimes if you have an older computer or browser, it may not be able to handle the most up-to date Shockwave add-on. You will need to update your browser to eitherInternet Explorer 7 or Firefox Version 2.

Hopefully these will help,

DawnT4L

hartprnt is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for you suggestions. I should have replied sooner, but trying to get my problem fixed
    has been keeping me busy. However I have found the issues, It was with the Firewall we
    were using. PC Tools, which has caused some other issues as well. Have removed the program,
    set all IE7 security to default levels, and added T4L to trusted zone, all is working now.

Our computers are all update and new, so it was the firewall at fault. Still not sure what was wrong
    there. Any way we are happy, and daughter is back to her "Fun School".

Now off to find a good firewall.

Thanks,

Gloria

DawnT4L is offline T4L Support

Hi Hartprnt,

We understand how frustrating this can be and we truly want to help you resolve the problems with Shockwave. We've researched shockwave on the Adobe website and they have some very helpful information and solutions. Here are some tips (that worked for us in the office when we were troubleshooting):

We advise trying to uninstall it completely by using an uninstaller available from Abobe.com (even if you have a different version, use this uninstaller rather than from add/remove programs). Before you install again, please refer to this link regarding Active X settings. There is also a video from this link. Sometimes your internet utilities can block Shockwave, particularly Norton, and you will have to adjust your settings to “allow” Active X and Shockwave.

Hopefully these will help,

DawnT4L