Slow loading activities. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

This was our first day back, too. I saw the message in the news section and thought, "Uh-oh!" All of my kids were able to complete their lessons without any problems, though.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

I only had my son do spelling online today. I have math worksheets printed out and he worked on one of those. It takes him awhile though cause he still won't use scratch paper. He tries to do it how he was taught in school which makes no sense to me and takes him three times as long to do. Anyway thats not what this post is about I will save my rant for another day.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

Blog Entries

Amber, I'll join you off-topic to confess that it's like pulling teeth to get my kids to use scratch paper, too.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I just don't get it. It saves him so much time, the one time I actually got him to do it. Finished in like ten minutes where he had already been doing it for an hour. I try to tell him the quicker he gets it done the faster he can move on to the fun stuff. I just do not know where he gets his stubbornness from
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

Blog Entries

LOL!

aprilh is offline Member

Amber,

Sorry, but I just had to jump in off topic too. My son also virtually refuses to use scratch paper for math problems. And he also insists on doing multiplication the way he was taught in public school. I believe it is called the "lattice method." Although I understand how it works, it seems to take a lot longer than the way I learned. I have successfully gotten him to switch to the "normal" way of doing long division instead of how he was taught in PS. That one I have no idea what it is really called, but his teacher called it the "hanging seven method."

I have attributed a lot of my son's quirks to his Asperger's Syndrome, including the one where he will argue/whine/complain about something a zillion times longer than it would take him to just do whatever it is. His unwillingness to do things in a different way, I believe is a manifestation of his AS. Makes life a bit more frustrating for me, but I suppose if I had a totally compliant child I would be bored from a lack of challenge.

Anyway, I have had success getting him to "show his math work" by writing the problems on a white board we having hanging on our office wall. For some unknown reason, he is more willing to write out his work if it is on the whiteboard as opposed to paper.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) we did not experience the slow loading today. Son's computer decided that it could not locate its hard drive this morning. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed. But if not, son will be getting a new laptop for his 12th birthday on Saturday.

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

Default Is it better today?

This was unusable yesterday. So dissapointing. Is it better today?

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

My son was able to do his LA with no problems so it has improved for us
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

Andrea Lamare is offline Senior Member Regular

For the risk of sounding stupid what exactly are you talking about when you say ,"I wish he would use scratch paper". I learned, unfortunately, from p/s how to do math but i'm not sure what you're talking about.
    A Lamare

scratch paper is a separate piece of paper that shows your work. usually its so you can right out your problem and do it without messing up your worksheet.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast