slow loading, problems with getting booted off
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

Default slow loading, problems with getting booted off

Someone has stated that they had this problem in another thread hello-i-m-new-here-t2214.html
    they keep getting logged out of the lessons at random times , and have a hard time to get back in . Or when they get back in it doesn't seem to load or only very slow
    My son also had this problem last week. We recently put him on another computer on wireless internet, he has gotten through the lessons he has just ran into some difficulties of loading or getting a screen that says it can not load basically. Is there something that could be causing this? Thank you
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: slow loading, problems with getting booted off

I responded on the other thread, asking if you might have wireless. Then, I read this one.

The wireless access might be your problem. I have a microwave oven located where I can't use it if someone is on the computer, because it disconnects their wireless access. Other things that can interfere with a wireless connection are fluorescent lights, cordless phones, and other electronic devices. You can experiment with moving things around to see if they're interfering.

If you Google "improve your wireless connection", you will find lots of tips.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

I wondered if that could be the problem too, We are moving the computer this week to an upstairs bedroom (our new homeschool room) so much warmer then the basement. Then I will see better whats is happening.
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

NewOrlnsLdynVa is offline Junior Member Newbie

My daughter has been having this problem too. I will be trying to move the computer around some to see if that helps.

hsforlife is offline Junior Member Newbie

My computer is hardwired to the internet and if I take more than a minute or two on the page, clicking on the "next" arrow sends us into a load that takes FOREVER or never happens at all, locking up the whole thing, and I have to just exit and restart the lesson, clicking quickly through. I have emailed tech support and they cannot duplicate the problem that many of us are having (maybe they need to spend a couple of minutes on the page, as if they are students) so I couldn't tell you how to fix this issue.

Still baffled and frustrated, since it happens for every lesson that uses the arrows and the red hand at the top of the page.

Melanie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm baffled, too. Four of my own children DO actually use Time4Learning as their curriculum, and we aren't experiencing the frustrating problem that you are having.

Are you using Windows? Be sure you only have Time4Learning's windows open during lesson time. Be sure there aren't programs running under other user profiles, either.

Clear your cache. Defrag your computer. Reboot, and try again.

If you still experience slow loading, please respond with the answer to the following questions: How old is your computer? PC or MAC? What operating system? Which browser?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

mabenton3579 is offline Junior Member

We have been using T4L all month. We are new users. We use it on a hardwired desktop and laptops. It does work on the Windows XP desktop, the Vista laptop and the Mac laptop- all with Mozilla Firefox. It will not work with the Linux laptop on Mozilla. Also, with the exception of the hardwired desktop, all of laptops are only 1 year old and actually really decent on quality (not the bottom of the barrel in price, etc).

We have been having a lot of problems with getting booted off (it will randomly go to the learning odyssey login screen when changing pages), or worse yet, it will get STUCK during a quiz. When it gets stuck, it simply won't go to the next page. Period. You have to completely log back in, and redo the quiz. It doesn't even know where you left off or what you scored. He even finished a quiz today that told him he scored 30 out of 40 and it froze up. He's really not liking having to keep redoing his quizzes and I don't blame him. Any suggestions (today it happened on the desktop computer) but it's happened on the other 2 laptops as well.

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

I am sure it is frustrating to you and your child! We do get some people that randomly have a problem with loading and getting booted out of the program or getting the Odyssey login page, but really not very many, and not consistently. And sometimes it will happen for a period of time and then go away. We do know that loading issues or "getting stuck" are related to your internet connection. Some of the lessons are very large files that if there is even a tiny blip in the connection, it will mess up the loading, that is why we generally advise using a computer that is "plugged in" to your modem.
    Getting booted, or getting the Odyssey page is solved by: adding a couple of trusted sites to your browser (Time4Learning's site is a portal to the LearningOdyssey site), keeping your cache cleared on a regular basis, and always using the navigation buttons in the site not in your browser. (such as the back/forward arrows).
    Parental controls can cause trouble too, so you may need to add trusted sites there too. I hope these suggestions will be helpful.

Suzanne

mabenton3579 is offline Junior Member

Ok, it's been a couple of weeks and we're still having problems. For the last couple days, there has even been " we're having technical difficulties" messages. I actually have Cable High Speed Internet- the kind that is faster than DSL with Download boost that makes downloads even faster than browsing. I can watch an entire television show STREAMING in HD on my laptop using the wireless while there are 2 other computers using the internet at the same time. So, I know that it is NOT a wireless thing or a bandwidth thing. We can even download an entire movie on iTunes in like 2 minutes- now that's a big file. I've noticed the place that crashes the most is the math Quizes- those should be some of the smallest files. Today, we've tried 3 times to get into a math lesson on polygon perimeters and just can't. I've cleared the cache, logged out, logged in, and nothing. But all of the other lessons work. Any more ideas? And again, we have the same problems on the hard-wired computer.

adria2328 is offline Senior Member

I know we have issue if we use Internet Explorer, but Mozilla Firefox works just fine. Oh and if I sign on one computer and dont log off and one of the kids try to log on the other computer under the same name, that causes us problems too. Other than that we are fine.
    Adria
    Mommy of 4
    Bryanna 13
    Ralphy 7
    Coleman 5
    GraceAnn 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast