T4L for Dummies???
    sahmomof9 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default T4L for Dummies???

Maybe it's just me (it usually is), but I was having a hard time figuring out something here. It was only by stumbling across an answer to someone else's post, as I browsed through past threads, that I got an answer to a question I had.

I had been wondering how to access my sons' records, to see what level they were at, their "grades", and to print out to keep in a portfolio. I can't recall ANY of that information just being clearly given when we signed up--you know, "click here to see such and such". Maybe I missed it somehow?

When checking over the "hints" section, as is repeatedly suggested, all I ever see is a picture of various screens and what they might mean--NO meat and potatoes advice on how to record keep, where the records are kept at the website, how to access them, how to progress your child to the next level, what to do if you need to go on vacation and stop work for a week or two--you know, the day to day stuff, in one place, easy to see and recognize as a parent signs on. Maybe I'd call it "Homeschooling with T4L for Dummies" or something! That's what I need!

Did I miss something? Marilyn

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Stumbling across another post" is a great way to get some answers. There is also a little Search link at the top of this page, which you can use to more easily find posts that address your questions.

T4L for Dummies! LOL! Thanks for the giggle this morning!

You don't need to record or keep any records. The system does it for you. Log in as your child and click on the backpack icon on his launchpad (upper left). There you will find his reports, which can be customized several ways.

To request to have your child's grade level advanced, just click on the little link at the top of this page that says Change Educational Level. You can also change move the level up one or down one temporarily yourself, in order to try out those lessons. The method is explained in the Hints.

You don't need to do anything to take a week or two off. It's a lot like closing up the textbooks and setting them on a shelf. Nothing will happen while you are away. Time4Learning doesn't impose any kind of a schedule on you.

If you need to be off for an extended period, you can request that your account be made dormant. When that happens, you don't use the account, but it is maintained for only four dollars per month. When you need to request dormancy, log in as a parent and click the appropriate link to make your account dormant.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

sahmomof9 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thanks!

Thanks once again, Kelly!!! I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, but at least I'm reasonably teachable! Marilyn