Technical difficulties
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nanaringo is offline Member

Default Technical difficulties

Can we get an update on the current technical difficulties in accessing the site today?

Thanks,
    Nanaringo

missmelissa is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default tech problems

I cannot even get in to have my kids do their lessons....am I the only one???

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Neither can I. I'll see what I can find out.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

aprilh is offline Member

We are having troubles as well. My son did manage to get through one lesson, but he had to do it twice because it kicked him out at the very end the first time through.

I hope this can be fixed soon. Wednesdays are the only day of the week that he doesn't have other activities to do outside of the house. So I was hoping he would be able to get plenty done in T4L today.

We do really like the program when it is working properly. I suppose this is just one of the risks of using a web-based curriculum. On the plus side, it will help him to learn/practice patience and flexibility when things don't go the way we planned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aprilh
    I suppose this is just one of the risks of using a web-based curriculum.
    That's true; it is. Fortunately, it's been quite awhile since Time4Learning has gone down for any reason other than a scheduled update, which is posted well in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilh
    On the plus side, it will help him to learn/practice patience and flexibility when things don't go the way we planned.
    Now THAT is a terrific attitude. I try to model such behavior for my kids, but don't always succeed.

I have asked for an update. If things are not working right, they might be so busy trying to fix it that they won't check their email right away. Stay tuned.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

my son said, 'mom, i think that t4l is so much fun that everyone is trying to do it all at the same time! they all just need to get off of the server so i can do MY work!!!' lol

so ... if ya'll could just get off the server, jack could do his work and we'd be fine!!! lol
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

nanaringo is offline Member

aprilh wrote: On the plus side, it will help him to learn/practice patience and flexibility when things don't go the way we planned.

I need to learn this, too, I suppose. Yesterday, dd had one of her (thankfully, progressively less frequent) meltdowns and we had to abandon the T4L portion of her day. (No point in continuing when she gets like that.) Therefore, today we were already in catch-up status, and I am the one who became impatient and inflexible.

Thanks, aprilh, for putting things in perspective for me. There is always tomorrow, and no one has a gun to our heads today.
    Nanaringo

Blog Entries

I heard back. This issue is being worked on. Here is what has been posted on the login pages:

We are currently experiencing problems that may cause the Lessons to operate more slowly than normal, or to otherwise interfere with your session.

We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to restore full service as quickly as possible.

The Playground and the worksheets in the Parent Login will remain available during this time.

I guess five of my kids are going to do a LOT of reading today.

Blog Entries

The lessons should be working now.

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi all!

Thanks so much for your patience! The developers did an emergency upgrade of their servers this weekend, so hopefully you are all getting around the lessons more smoothly this week.

So sorry for any inconvenience this caused last week.

Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast