Is there anyway to re-set tests?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Is there anyway to re-set tests?

knitsteel is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Is there anyway to re-set tests?

Is there any way to re-set the tests from the parent admin tools? My kids just finished their first week, didn't do so well, partly due to their own lack of dedication and partly due to getting used to the program. Can I re-set tests and quizzes so that they can re-do and show me that they really learned the material?
    OliviaB likes this.

MarieT4L is offline T4L Support

Hi,

We cannot reset portions of the program.
    The only way to do this is by deleting the existing account and creating a brand new one, at which point all completed activities and reports are deleted.Another option is to retake the tests or quizzes.All activities can be retaken as often as necessary. In an effort to keep students from memorizing answers, the developers programmed the software to present a different version of a test or quiz each time it is taken. There is a pool of several questions so the sequence and most of the questions will be different each time.

If you choose to have your child retake a quiz or test again, each additional attempt will be averaged together within their reports.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have.

Thank You,
    Marie,Time4Learning.com Customer Service
    [email protected]
    6300 NE 1st Ave., Ste 203
    Ft Lauderdale, FL 33334
    Phone: (954) 771-0914
    | Fax: (954) 827-7600
    Don't forget to visit our Hints section.

http://www.Time4Learning.com - Online interactive curriculum for home use, PreK-8th Grade.
    http://www.Time4Writing.com - Online writing tutorials for high, middle, and elementary school students.

https://www.time4learning.net - A forum to chat with parents online about kids, education, parenting and more...

Anniece is offline Junior Member

This is a little disappointing to me. I'd really like to see the teacher have the ability to reset the test. My daughter got a little too excited and sure of herself yesterday and took a test a little too fast. She didn't score very well and I knew it was because she went too fast (this is her first year with a computer based class) and I wanted her to retake. Of course after she slowed down and took her time she did perfect, but now you are saying that her 1st attempt stands.
    OliviaB likes this.

Melody Peterson is offline Junior Member Newbie

I hope this is something the programmers at Time4Learning decide to change as well. Give the parents control over whether re-tests will be averaged or replaced.

We had this happen once, so I can understand your frustration. On the first day of using Time4Learning, my oldest son decided to rush through and take the test without reading the accompanying material. He said he already knew everything about the solar system. Well apparently that was a mistake because he scored very poorly on that test. When we went in for the homeschool review, I printed out his record but left the first day off the record. You can choose what you print out after all.

If that sort of thing ever happened again, yes, I would like the ability to make a decision, "OK, he didn't read the material. Let's have him read the material and re-take the test, with the second test score being the actual measure of his reading comprehension." Of course you don't want kids taking the test 10 times and memorizing answers, but there ought to be ways to program it so that there's a limit on the number of re-takes where you can replace or average your score.
    OliviaB likes this.

MurphyMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

how do they retake? through the students launch pad?

T4LSue is offline T4L Support

She may retake the test as often as you like. The system will average the two scores together. If she has just started and only done the one test, you might want to reset the whole account. This will delete any work she has done, but you will be able to start with a clean slate. Please contact [email protected] if this is something you would like to do.

laurielozano is offline Junior Member Newbie

that is ridiculous to have to cancel the account and delete all existing work just to be able to retake a test. Especially if they are 1/2 way or more thru the curriculum, they lose everything for the sake of one test! This really needs to be fixed. If nothing else, when a student retakes a test, the new score should REPLACE the previous score, not be averaged in. As a computer programmer myself, it really cant be that hard to program it that way. I mean, you figured out how to program it to average the scores, certainly you can figure out how to program it to replace the score with the score from the last attempt.
    Camp Family, kvoj and OliviaB like this.

Chastity Reid is offline Junior Member Newbie

I would love for the teacher to be able to reset the tests, even if we can only reset each test just once. My son was in the process of taking a quiz when the browser froze then shut down. When he logged back in it was marked as complete, he was less then 50% done. He was upset, cant blame him. Give us some way to reset the tests.
    Camp Family, kvoj and OliviaB like this.

Camp Family is offline Junior Member

This has been a huge disappointment to us as well. My son has major comprehension issues and also is hyper and likes to try to breeze through a test he *thinks* he will ace. Ends up scoring 30% or 50% and has to retake it... often multiple times even after note taking and being forced to take his time. It makes his grade go WAY down. Can't you make it to where the top two grades are averaged instead of all attempts? It really makes him feel down about himself and the point isn't to ace tests, but to understand the material anyways. Isn't the point to understand what you learn... not just ace quizzes?
    Last edited by Camp Family; 09-10-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    kvoj, OliviaB and Thehesters like this.

old Kentucky homeschool is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am also frustrated with this issue. This seems poorly thought out. Especially since as the teacher, I should have discretion on these matters when the scores are due to technical issues or glitches in the program. This program needs updates with concern to navigation as well as be able to reset tests . I am constantly dealing with invalid links and being denied access to pages because of glitches. Time 4 Learning to make time for tweeking their system!
    kvoj, OliviaB and teresabutler89 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast