Timing Out

Thread: Timing Out

Miss Beth 1981 is offline Junior Member

Default Timing Out

For some reason we are having a ton of problems getting the lessons to load, they keep timing out. It's especially frustrating when my son is in the middle of a lesson and has to go back to the launch pad and start again. He can't complete a quiz at all because it keeps timing out when he goes to the next page.<br><br>I have troubleshot as much as I can, other websites are working and our firewall is not blocking the browser or the site. Time4Learning.com comes up, but anything in the lessons times out, and this forum times out as well.&nbsp;<br><br>Is there any issues going on that you are already working on or is this new? Specific to us?&nbsp;<br><br>Trying to get work done today but it seems like today is already wasted trying to get it to work. By 11am we had barely done anything.

Camp Family is offline Junior Member

We have had the exact same problem. I have called 6 times and they seem to think the problem is on our end. Sometimes his session times out after only a few minutes and when I called they told me it "isn't possible unless someone is signing in on a different computer under his name". Um... well it MUST be possible because it has happened 6 times so far.
    So I thought maybe it was his computer..which runs on Linux Ubuntu. "Ohhh no" they said, " you have to run on Windows and it MUST be on Firefox... not google chrome, not IE" etc. So we used my personal computer and it still did it.
    Nobody at the phone number I called could help us and I talked to at least 3 different people.
    This has only just now become an issue... he has had no problems in the 3 weeks we have been using T4L. The problem is not on our end.. and they told me that they had heard of nobody else having problems with sessions ending.
    About to just give up on T4L

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Family View Post
    We have had the exact same problem. I have called 6 times and they seem to think the problem is on our end. Sometimes his session times out after only a few minutes and when I called they told me it "isn't possible unless someone is signing in on a different computer under his name". Um... well it MUST be possible because it has happened 6 times so far.
    So I thought maybe it was his computer..which runs on Linux Ubuntu. "Ohhh no" they said, " you have to run on Windows and it MUST be on Firefox... not google chrome, not IE" etc. So we used my personal computer and it still did it.
    Nobody at the phone number I called could help us and I talked to at least 3 different people.
    This has only just now become an issue... he has had no problems in the 3 weeks we have been using T4L. The problem is not on our end.. and they told me that they had heard of nobody else having problems with sessions ending.
    About to just give up on T4L

T4L e-mailed me soon after this was posted and said to add a bunch of addresses to trusted sites. I did it, and it didn't solve the problem. We couldn't do much on T4L yesterday so it was a wasted day. When my husband got home he rebooted our router and changed our DNS server (he used OpenDNS, but there are several you can use, like Google's ( https://developers.google.com/speed/...dns/docs/using ) and the problem was solved.

I hope this helps you

Camp Family is offline Junior Member

Thank you I will get my husband right on that when he gets home.

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Family View Post
    Thank you I will get my husband right on that when he gets home.
    Did you get it working now?

My husband said to make sure your router is updated with the latest firmware. <3