Why isn't my activity marking as "Complete"?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Why isn't my activity marking as "Complete"?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Post Why isn't my activity marking as "Complete"?

One common problem is finishing an activity and then finding that it was not marked as complete. All activities have specific ways to exit so that the system recognizes that the learning exercise is complete. Most likely, your student finished the activity but did not realize that the way he/she exited was incorrect. Please click here to see examples of different ways to exit each activity correctly.
    Last edited by hearthstone_academy; 12-13-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Typo: Changed "exist" to "exit".

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

FtMillmom is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    One common problem is finishing an activity and then finding that it was not marked as complete. All activities have specific ways to exist so that the system recognizes that the learning exercise is complete. Most likely, your student finished the activity but did not realize that the way he/she exited was incorrect. Please click here to see examples of different ways to exit each activity correctly.
    We've been having a lot of difficulty with this. It is not even showing up in their reports at all, not even as incomplete, and I know they've done them. I've had to start printing their schedules and having them mark all their grades on their schedules. This will not make it very easy come report card time. I was just coming on here to see if others were having the same trouble.
    umshahinda and LynxJSA like this.

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi,

I am sorry! You may want to contact support directly. It sounds like there may be some issue with your computer and communication with the website. They will be able to ask you questions and better ascertain what might be happening for you. That is not something that normally happens. CAmll them at 888-771-0914 or email to [email protected]

Suzanne

ep617 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

we had this happen too, my daughter even took notes of when she did this work a few months back. Then she went and did it all over again so it can be accounted for. Now she is finding that a link she needs to finish a test is no longer available. She is getting really frustrated with this program.
    LynxJSA likes this.

Hi,

We are sorry if you have had difficulty. You should report it directly to [email protected] or call them at 888-771-0914 if you find a broken link. Generally, they will contact the developer and get it taken care of pretty quickly. Unfortunately sometimes those other websites make changes and it effects the links.

Suzanne

TreeMomma is offline Junior Member Newbie

It sure would be nice, if some type of standard, consistent exiting procedure was programed in because this is really irritating. Especially if your four years old.
    kvoj, Joshsmom, Martysbabe and 1 others like this.

PaulaT4L is offline T4L Support

One common problem is finishing an activity and then finding that it was not marked as complete. All activities have specific ways to exit so that the system recognizes that the learning exercise is complete. Most likely your child finished the activity but did not realize that the way he/she exited was incorrect. Please click here for examples of different ways to properly exit each lesson. We have also found that when using a browser other then Firefox or IE the activities do not always mark as complete so please be sure to runt he program within one of those 2 browsers. You may also want to contact the support team directly so they can provide the most effective trouble shooting for your computer. You may contact them at 888-771-0914 or email to [email protected]
    lovehmschlg likes this.

chappyv is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'm wondering, is there a way for the lessons to be marked "done" on the activity scheduler without manually looking back & forth from the records page? If not may I suggest that it gets marked automatically so I can check on his daily progress without this tedious checking. It is very laborious to figure out & other Homeschool programs track what lessons are done. To me this should be a basic function of a parent activity scheduler to SEE which activities are complete. Chappyv
    Joshsmom likes this.

The activity scheduler is simply a to do list or a planner. It does not (and cannot) interact with the lessons. Time4Learnining leases the curriculum and cannot make changes to the lesson environment. We provided the done check off for students to help keep track of where they left off on their to do list. The recent work section of the progress reports is the best place to actually see the activities completed and any grades received.

Suzanne

Joshsmom is offline Junior Member

Default Need a standard exit button for activities

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    One common problem is finishing an activity and then finding that it was not marked as complete. All activities have specific ways to exit so that the system recognizes that the learning exercise is complete. Most likely, your student finished the activity but did not realize that the way he/she exited was incorrect. Please click here to see examples of different ways to exit each activity correctly.
    I agree that there needs to be a standard exit button for all activities. Makes no sense to expect kids to remember 6 different buttons to exit their lesson! I just discovered that my son has been x'ing out for nearly all of his work. Aaaargh!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast