worksheet example is wrong
    jen101 is offline Junior Member

Default worksheet example is wrong

6th grade math worksheet MA6_MA6243 hint section is wrong. The problem is 2(6-3)= (2x6) - (2x3)
    12-6= 18

As you can see, the problem you have listed is incorrect. 12-6 = 6, not 18. This mistake had my son confused thinking he was doing something wrong.

Just wanted to bring the issue to your attention.

Thank you, Jennifer

epperlyfamily2012 is offline Junior Member

Default Example is NOT incorrect!

Actually you're incorrect. Order of Operations, you do (6-3) and THEN multiply by 2. So (6-3)=3 x2=6

Melissa Epperly

Quote Originally Posted by jen101 View Post
    6th grade math worksheet MA6_MA6243 hint section is wrong. The problem is 2(6-3)= (2x6) - (2x3)
    12-6= 18

As you can see, the problem you have listed is incorrect. 12-6 = 6, not 18. This mistake had my son confused thinking he was doing something wrong.

Just wanted to bring the issue to your attention.

Thank you, Jennifer

jen101 is offline Junior Member

Please actually read my post before trying to say i am wrong. The answer on the worksheet said the answer was 18. As you just showed in your own math, the answer is actually 6. Which is what I said in my post.

MarieT4L is offline T4L Support

Hi Jennifer,

You are absolutely correct. We apologize for any inconvenience or difficulty you may have experienced within the program. Since we lease this curriculum from a developer called CompassLearning and we are not able to make immediate changes to program. Our hands are tied as well, we have reported the error to Compass Learning, from their they will correct it. Please apologize to you student for the confusion.

Thank You,
    Time4Learning.com Customer Service
    [email protected]
    6300 NE 1st Ave., Ste 203
    Ft Lauderdale, FL 33334
    Phone: (954) 771-0914
    | Fax: (954) 827-7600