zeroing out the lesson time
    alearningadventure is offline Member Regular

Default zeroing out the lesson time

My crafty son figured out that if he doesn't want to do his lesson time, he can click on the Time4Learning in the top left corner and zero out the lesson time and start the playground. Any suggestions here - other than tell him not to do this
    Any one else had this problem?
    My 8 year old is better with computers than me and he's only been on them a little bit this year!
    Thanks, Laura

t4ler is offline Support

Default Re: zeroing out the lesson time

It seems like only a handul of students, including your crafty son, has figured out this little trick. There is no way to disable this feature, but just as long as your son actually does his lessons, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

kasiabear is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default A glitch

Her ds isn't the only one who has figured this out. My 6 year old dd figured this out and would rather go to the "playground" and completely circumvent the whole lesson plan. It kind of defeats the purpose of even having a time limit or requiring that the lesson plan is completed first. I liked the set up that T4L had, and it was one of the reasons that I chose this program. It's disappointing to know that it can't be fixed.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

One of my children figured that out. I told him the timer was intended to be a tool for him to use . . . not a watchdog for me to make sure he did what he was supposed to do. At that point, I considered the tendency to disobey and defy a more important issue than the fact that the school work didn't get done. After realizing I had more to teach than just academics, we worked on improving that particular character issue and then there was no longer a problem with his school work.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!