Dollywood Home School Day August 21, 2009
    the_gabels is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Dollywood Home School Day August 21, 2009

Dollywood's home school day has changed a little this year. Besides the home school day you will be able to come back the following day for free. The prices have gone up a little, so you want to make sure you register before 8/7 if you are going to participate in the meal because
    all students (ages 4-18) in your family will receive FREE meals with the purchase of an adult meal.
    There are several craft classes as well as a 9:30 Journey to the Center of the Earth showing.
    It could also be a great time to meet other Time4Learning families.
    You can find out more online at http://www.dollywood.com/groups/home-school-day/

cindy4hope is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Dollywood Home School Day August 21, 2009

I live near DollyWood and would love to be apart of the homeschool day. I already have season passes to DollyWood can I still particiapte without having to order tickets online? I know it walks you through the application if your ordering tickets but what if you already have passes, do you still have to preregister? Please let me know, I can give you my personal e-mail if we are allowed to give that here.

Thank You,

Cindy

Okay this is where the site is confusing so I am glad you asked. Yes you do have to register through the online form at https://www.dollywood.com/groups/hom...ervations.aspx If you looked at the mail-in form, it doesn't take into account people who have season passes. The park would actually be closed to you as a season pass holder on that day. Also depending on the number of children you have, the Lunch can be quite a deal. For example, we have a small herd at six kids. By registering early we paid for two adult meals at $14 and will essentially be able to feed the entire family for under $30 ... last year it was a buffet.
    Additionally they have you register in case you want to go to any of the classes or book yourself into any of the shows at a particular time. We took advantage (and you being local may want to) of the 9:30 Journey to the Center of the Earth showing which lets you in the park earlier.

Thank you for responding, I will be going to DollyWood on Monday so I will check into the details and see what I need to do if we attend that day.

Blessings,

Cindy4hope

Oh my the Nascar Race is this week so I hope that doesn't create problems for you. I know the race is in Bristol but there are alot of people traveling in this area and I know DollyWood will probably be alot of peoples stop before heading home. Hopefully they will just go shopping and not to DollyWoood anyway hope you all have a great time. I live just a hour and half from Dollywood so I will probably wait until a later date.

Blessings,

Cindy

The weather was great on Friday ... which was particularly nice because the weather called for thunderstorms in the morning and more rain in the afternoon.
    Bristol is so far away and Dollywood is so far from the highway, it seems to have little impact (plus there are parks closer to Bristol on the VA side I beleive). If it was on Saturday and UT was playing football that can cause issues if you take the highway, we however drive over on 321 it is only 2 minutes longer according to google (btw nice new feature on google maps, it shows alternate routes so you can choose), no traffic and beautiful (I was told before they became dotted with expensive cabins those were the hills used in the opening shots for Christy).
    This year we ran across a lot more teens in homeschool groups as compared to last year when we ran across a lot of families.
    As typical, the attendence is rather low as compared to the summer, but they seemed to doa alot less demonstrations (e.g., like glass blowing) this year.

Yea they were calling for rain thankfully it turned out to be a great day. Though the ps was out we worked thinking it was going to rain just any minute. We are however taking off this Thursday to go bike riding at Creepers Trail in Abington Va. We can't wait to see the beautiful long bridges and breath taking veiws.

So glad to hear you had a great day at DollyWood, maybe we will make it next year. We are planning a trip there is a couple of weeks, hubby is taking some time off work and we are going to spend 4 days there.

God Bless,

Cindy