Hello and Welcome!
    Unregistered Guest

Default Hello and Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by bailbrae View Post
    time4learning is happy to provide a forum for homeschoolers in individual states to connect with one another. Please use this forum to find members near you, ask each other tennessee-specific questions (like homeschool laws, playing sports within the school system, etc.), and post information about local homeschool events.
    im searching for handin teacher for region tn nashville area

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Hello and welcome!

I'm in Rutherford co Tn and I'm really wanting to homeschool my kids. I have talked to the boe now I just have to figure out what is the best route.

Unregistered Guest

Hello

Kathi Guest

I am interested in Algebra for 9th grader in TN, but would like to know if someone has used this last year and how well it correlated to Tennessee standards and the EOC test. Thank you!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Kathi. Several of my kids have used Time4Learning algebra. They eldest four have gone on to college without difficulty.

The curriculum used by Time4Learning was developed to be used in public schools. The developer only provides it to schools but Time4Learning leases the curriculum from the developer and provides it to families and individuals. There are now national standards for public school math, so the curriculum is aligned with those standards.

Homeschool laws are very different from school laws. Each state is different. Most of them don't specify the subjects you must teach. The states that do specify subjects don't dictate the content of the subjects. However, some states want your child to take standardized tests, so you'll want to use a curriculum that will allow them to pass those tests.

Tennessee requires students to take standardized tests at the end of grades 5, 7, and 9.

Students who do well on Time4Learning lessons usually do quite well on any standardized test.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Hello and Welcome!

Time4Learning is happy to provide a forum for homeschoolers in individual states to connect with one another. Please use this forum to find members near you, ask each other Tennessee-specific questions (like homeschool laws, playing sports within the school system, etc.), and post information about local homeschool events.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!