New to Homeschooling
    Unregistered Guest

Smile New to Homeschooling

Do I need to find an Umbrella School when using Time4Learning in TN? I want someone besides myself to be the recording of attendance and hours and report it to the correct people. Thanks.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New to Homeschooling

Hi. Here is information about homeschooling in Tennessee. Generally, families using Time4Learning are exercising the first option, which is an independent homeschool. Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum that parents can use to teach their own children.

Tennessee's second option is to enroll in a "church-related umbrella school". Every umbrella school will have their own rules. Some will prescribe a curriculum, some will allow you to choose your own. You would need to check with the umbrella school you are interested in signing with.

Time4Learning's software does keep a record of the amount of time a student spends on each online activity. These reports are for parent information.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!