new to homeschooling need advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new to homeschooling need advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter is a 9th grader and has talked me into homeschooling and i know northing about homeschooling. New to it all im not sure how to set up tgime limits to certain subjects for a daily corriculum. Help what do i do this is her first day and id like to know that she spends her correct amount of time on each subject each day.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Nichole, and welcome.

Homeschooling is usually much more time efficient than traditional schooling methods. You might be interested in this article called How Long is a Homeschool Day. Your state is one of the few that require a certain number of hours (four hours per day), but remember that things like educational games or DVDs, organized sports, Scouts, 4H, arts and crafts, volunteer work, part-time job and casual parental instruction in things like cooking and auto mechanics can legitimately be counted as school hours.

You might also want to look over the free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

The first thing to do is to know and understand your state's homeschool laws. Here are Tennessee Homeschool laws. When you use Time4Learning, you are using the Independent Homeschool option.

You can log in to your parent account and use the Activity Planner to help determine how many Time4Learning lessons your child should do each day. Here are step-by-step instructions about how to use the Activity Planner.

You will want to log in to your parent account on a regular basis, to view your student's scores and to see if there are any writing assignments or worksheets that you need to correct. You can find answer keys and grading guides within the scope and sequence.

I hope this helps you get started. Starting to research the "how-tos" of homeschooling on the very day your student starts must be difficult, but circumstances require that sometimes. Enjoy your research!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!