Good Citizenship course in Texas
    Unregistered Guest

Default Good Citizenship course in Texas

I have been homeschooling my 2 children for a couple of years now on Time4learing. This year the will be in the 7th and 9th grade. In the state of Texas we are required to teach them a course in Good Citizenship. Does the curriculum with time4learning cover the required course of good citizenship? Is that covered in History/Social Studies and Language Arts? Please help.

Unregistered Guest

teaching honesty, respect, compassion, responsibility, and courage. I was told that a Bible course constitutes as teaching good citizenship.

vanessa.edwards1026 is offline Junior Member

Time4Learning does not cover this. The above response sounds about right, but I do wish the standards were more specific. I am a secular homeschooler, so we won't be taking any bible courses. I guess we have to get crafty on how we choose to teach and record the lessons...

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Good citizenship" concepts are covered late in the health course (your part in the community) and throughout the government course (voting and so forth). It isn't necessary to have a separate course on good citizenship. I've never seen one, actually.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!