Homeschool Mom from Deep South Texas

Default Homeschool Mom from Deep South Texas

Hello! This is 3rd yr that my 7 yr old daughter has been homeschooled. She has never attended a public school. We've been enjoying homeschool since the first yr of it. Other friends of ours got interested and looked into it that now their kiddos are being homeschooled. It has surprised us that many people down here don't know much about the homeschool programs. Not even the public school administrators! So...now that we have more kids being homeschooled, we'd like to make it really fun starting this yr. Wanting to know if any of you are from deep South Texas (RGV). We like taking field trips, playing sports, having picnics, etc. This yr we would like to have fundraisers to do many fun activities for the kids with their parents. Please let me know.

sharpiemom is offline Junior Member

I am in the RGV though my kids are older than yours, 13 and 10.

ByHisGrace Guest

Thumbs up RGV resident too

We have lived in the RGV for 3 years now. I am a seasoned homeschool mom. I just graduated my oldest. I also have a 16 year old and an 11 year old.

We are members of Harlingen Homeschoolers. They have a website. You should check it out. We love our homeschool community. It brings added joy to what we are doing.

Unregistered Guest

Default homeschool 8th grader

I am going to be enrolling my 13 year old. I did homeschool myself and loved it. So nice to see ones from RGV. I am in Mission, where are you all at?? e-mail me @ [email protected]

mguerrero is offline Junior Member

Hi I live in Mission too! I am homeschooling my 9yr old and 13yr old and would love to meet other families! Plus I am looking for other activities my children can participate in.

CCla Guest

Default RGV homeschooling

I have been homeschooling in RGV since I pulled my then 2nd grader out of school at the beginning of 2012 (now 9 years old). I also have a now 13 year old who is homeschooling. We are in the McAllen/Mission area and are members of CHESS of the RGV, a co-op in this area. Would love to get together with other families. Maybe sometime we could meet at a McDonald's or something to get to know each other.

Unregistered Guest

I want to send my children for homeschooling but I want to know what are the charges or a good program ? Email me at [email protected]

lovemyboys2429 Guest

Hi, I have a 15 year old in high school, I am from Brownsville and wanted to know do I need to go to school to withdraw him or do I write a certified letter to the school to withdraw him.. Please help me I am new to this! I really want to homeschool him and want to know what steps are needed ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by ByHisGrace View Post
    We have lived in the RGV for 3 years now. I am a seasoned homeschool mom. I just graduated my oldest. I also have a 16 year old and an 11 year old.

We are members of Harlingen Homeschoolers. They have a website. You should check it out. We love our homeschool community. It brings added joy to what we are doing.