Homeschooling in Needville, TX
    cgordon78 is offline Junior Member

Red face Homeschooling in Needville, TX

Hello everyone! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and my family, and share why we decided to homeschool. We would love to find families that are local to us to plan things such as field trips, play dates or even just picnics every once in a while.

A little about Me and my Family:
    My name is Christy. I was born and raised in La Porte, Texas. I own and operate my own business called Just A Pretty Picture Photography. I shoot on location, natural light portraits. I have always had a passion for the art of photography since I can remember. My husbands name is Jay. He is a design engineer with a heat tracing firm in Houston. We have been happily married for 15 years, he is my soul mate. We have 4 gorgeous children ages 17, 15, 12, and 7.
    015.75192209_large.jpg
    Told you they were gorgeous . My oldest three all attend public school here in Needville, the little man did up until this school year. We have lots of pets, 5 dogs, 9 cats (could be more cats than that though because most of them are outside barn cats, if anyone wants one let me know ) , and 3 fish. I LOVE animals and my babies are just like me (drives daddy crazy...lol).

All about Cortland:
    From the time Cortland was born he has always done things fast. He was sitting up at 3 months, scooting and crawling by 4 months, pulling up and walking while holding the couch at 6 months and so on....he has always been on the move and we are steadily trying to keep up. Every since he was little he has always been interested in the academic side of life. He never had any interest in playing with action figures or things of that sort, he wanted the maps, books, math toys, anything that would teach him something. At the age of 3 he was reciting and writing the alphabet, counting to 50, naming colors and shapes. By 4 he was counting to 100, adding and subtracting single digit numbers, sounding words out on his own, and could name all 13 planets (includes the dwarf planets) in the solar system in order from the sun. He is still the same way today. He reads on a 4th grade level, still prefers educational books and equipment over toys, and will watch the science channel over nickelodeon any day of the week. He is absolutely facinated with anything space and weather related. All of the above is the very reason why we chose to remove Cortland from public school this year and opted for me to homeschool him. Last year as a 1st grader Cortland would get in trouble almost on a daily basis, and it was always for the very same reasons, either he was fidgeting in his seat or not paying attention. I spoke with his teacher several times about the issues and informed her that he was just bored. He was not being challenged in the classroom and therefore would entertain himself. Well rather than go through another year of him staying in trouble, or worse growing to completely hate school because he was so bored, we opted for homeschool. Cortland has played baseball with Needville little league for the last 2 years (I think he does that more for me than because he likes it though). We are looking to put him in karate now and he seems really excited about that.

I promise I'm not one of those parents who just sits around and boasts about my own children all day. I just can't help but be a little proud when I first get to tell about my babies. They are my entire world!

Grandma Guest

Default Do you still homeschool

We now live in needville and I want to home school my two grandchildren. Can you give me some pointers? My email address is [email protected]. Thanks.

Unregistered Guest

Default Kassandra

Hi,
    My parents want to home school my little brother. Can you please email me on how to go about that? We are clueless.
    [email protected]
    Thank you!

MomOf4CrazyKids Guest

Default Homeschool advice

I live in Needville too. They've failed my kids. My daughter is bored and they I had to fight 1.5 yrs to get my done dyslexia help. My 3 yr old would probably be too busy to fit their quite requirements.

So I want to homeschool next year but I don't know what to do to get started.

Anyone willing to help message me at yvonneknebel @yahoo .com

Cool I live in Beasley and I just started homeschooling my 9yr old grandson

Hi my name is Cynthia and I just started homeschooling and I am looking for a group to help with any issues that may arise. So far this has not been difficult to get what I need to do the home schooling, but making a set schedule to do it everyday. I do work full time I am not a stay at home mom. I am doing what is needed for my Grandson and yes I will do whatever it takes to ensure his safety. He is special needs, so he has had many issues at the public school the past three yrs and I just can not put him or our family through another day. Would love to meet and share ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    We now live in needville and I want to home school my two grandchildren. Can you give me some pointers? My email address is [email protected]. Thanks.
    Grandmother homeschooling in Beasley, tx

Quote Originally Posted by MomOf4CrazyKids View Post
    I live in Needville too. They've failed my kids. My daughter is bored and they I had to fight 1.5 yrs to get my done dyslexia help. My 3 yr old would probably be too busy to fit their quite requirements.

So I want to homeschool next year but I don't know what to do to get started.

Anyone willing to help message me at yvonneknebel @yahoo .com

Grandmother homeschooling in Beasley, tx