I got a few questions that I need help answering!
    kayla. Guest

Default I got a few questions that I need help answering!

Hi, you see IM trying to start my little girl into home schooling but IM kinda scared on a few things. There are a few worries of having to pay for home schooling, but IM trying to search for a good educational site to set her up in. Do you have any suggestions for a free education for home schooling? Oh and by the way she is in 10th grade right now and about to head into 11th!

Oh and like if I get child support from her dad, does it stop sending to us because she isn't in regular school or does it still send to me? I hope someone can help me out!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. The best place to learn about homeschooling high school is Let's Homeschool High School.com.

There is homeschooling (where the parent is the teacher of record and is responsible for following the homeschool laws in the student's state of residence) and there are online schools (where one or more third parties oversee the child's education and the school is responsible for following the laws for schools in the school's state). Many people mistakenly call online schools "homeschooling", because the work is done at home. Legally, the difference is not in where the work is done, but in who oversees the student's education.

There are a lot of free options for homeschool because, as the teacher, you pick and choose what you want your child to do. Many people use free sites like Khan Academy or Easy Peasey Homeschool, but these require a lot of diligence on the parent's part.

Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum (not an online school). It is not free. It costs thirty dollars per month for your choice of any four high school courses, and it does much of the teaching for you, although parents need to set up a plan and grade worksheets (we provide answer keys and grading guides.) During the months you are not using the program, you can pay just four dollars per month (instead of thirty) to have your student's records maintained.

Online schools can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars per year.

Homeschooling your student should not affect child support, unless it is specifically written in your divorce decree. That would be very unusual.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!