I'm sooo lost and confused
    Unregistered Guest

Unhappy I'm sooo lost and confused

I have no idea how to choose a program or if its the correct one. I don't know if I chose time 4 learning program if that is all I need or if I need to buy books for curriculum as well? Any points in the right direction would be awesome!

KimW Guest

Default Re: I'm sooo lost and confused

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have no idea how to choose a program or if its the correct one. I don't know if I chose time 4 learning program if that is all I need or if I need to buy books for curriculum as well? Any points in the right direction would be awesome!
    Hello
    Time4learning is a great simple program to use. I print out weekly schedules for my children and I track that we are finishing in order (my kids will skip around if I let them.) I use the library for extra reading or science depending on what the kids interests are. Set up a daily schedule and try to stick with it as close as you can. I find Mathou is easiest in the morning after our Bible lesson as they are more alert. We do the YMCA for exercise and swimming 2 to 3 times a week. Homeschooling is a wonderful experience just don't make it overwhelming its a much simpler schedule although we do find ourselves driving more then we use to. I have one child that is LDD and she has improved immensely since starting this program. Through God all things are possible! I also have on my wall Be Still and Know That I Am God.
    How can we fail if we are giving our children a better opportunity.
    Kim

JewelReflectSun is offline Junior Member Newbie

Greetings,
    Well the first person you must assess is you* How much time are you passionate about dedicating to your child's development while still keeping yourself healthy happy and in balance* Then ask yourself what are your child's natural gifts and strengths? Build the curriculum around that. There are plenty of programs that are free and have tons of online study guides. You can also go to the local school supply store such as learning shore and browse common core standard booklets to ensure your child is on par with their public schooler counter part. Consistency, encouragement and discipline are key* Your child's advantage is that you know them well..so don't be afraid to deviate from typical schedules, lessons and experiences with school. Most importantly don't break the bank looking for the best alternative without considering what the program will cultivate out of your child. Homeschooling offers a classroom that can be flexible to cater to both the child's and the families lifestyle requirements so that all can thrive stress free and excited about education. Freedom can be scary but when wielded right can also be the game changer that gifts everything. Be bold, work with your child one on one for a while to decide whats best and what you want for them and then trust that your decision will be the best one* From one super mom to another..You've got this* Let me know what you decide and if you have any questions I can help with* If I don't know the answer we can both learn together* God Speed*

Unregistered Guest

I felt the same way when we started homeschooling. We have used a lot of different methods, Time4learning being one of them. There is nothing necessary to purchase for Time4learning. My daughter uses it some years and some years she doesn't. I like it because it takes the stress off of me with grading and keeping records. There are a lot of options though. Easy Peasy Homeschool is free. There are online public schools through K12. Online public schols, courses, etc. You can almost purchases workbooks and textbooks. You can email me with any questions. I know how stressful it can be. [email protected]