Kids without previous public school experience....what homeschools are there?
    groovychick Guest

Question Kids without previous public school experience....what homeschools are there?

I have a 14 year old daughter that has been in a church based private school since she was in 2nd grade....I have had to remove her from the school now and am having a hard time finding a school, in Texas,with no fees, that don't require her to have been enrolled in a public school in the last year....Im lost and don't know where to go..she would like to re-do the 8th grade....and start from there...any one have help???

Robin is offline Senior Member

I've heard this about Texas. Can you call and speak with a superintendent in your area? Are you wishing to homeschool her?

Quote Originally Posted by groovychick View Post
    I have a 14 year old daughter that has been in a church based private school since she was in 2nd grade....I have had to remove her from the school now and am having a hard time finding a school, in Texas,with no fees, that don't require her to have been enrolled in a public school in the last year....Im lost and don't know where to go..she would like to re-do the 8th grade....and start from there...any one have help???
    "You might want to look into the K-12 Program, which is a home school operating through the public school framework. There are no fees and it is my understanding that if you have records from her previous school that can be used for placement, she can be enrolled. K-12 is online and they have an excellent "chat" option so you can explore possibilities with them. My oldest homeschooler will start K-12 next year. "