new here
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jpenn
  • 1 Post By jpenn

Thread: new here

pollyanna is offline Junior Member

Default new here

hi,
    I just started time4learning today so my son hasn't even started his first lesson yet. How long are the lessons? he needs to catch up on his 1st grade LA but is doing 2nd grade math. i want him to do extra LA so he will be caught up before i move him to 3rd grade.
    Does anyone think doing more than 3 LA/LA extention lessons per day might be too much?

thanks for any information
    pollyanna

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

That is too much. Let him work at his pace and see how it goes. He might actually retain more with so much pressure lifted off of him.

The lessons are not all the same as far as time. So are longer than others, and likewise, some are shorter than others. Sit with him as he does his lessons, and don't forget to let him go to the playground as a reward for working hard.

Tips and Tricks for Using Time4Learning
    pollyanna likes this.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

well he seems to be speeding through the first whole chapter. I thought it might take him a whole week for that but seems to have finished it in 2 days. it might be because he finds them too easy but his scores aren't all 100's so not sure if he isn't just fast forwarding through them. Playing around rather than accually doing them like he should be.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You really might want to sit with him to monitor. The lower level kids really need some supervision, at least for a while.
    pollyanna likes this.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

i will do that. he does have a problem with staying on track. But i really am loving this last night he just played with the tools section for math, seemed to love fractions . and those game in the playground he came to me after and said he learned what an adjective was