New here

Thread: New here

ravenhairedmama Guest

Default New here

Hi we live in Plano TX and just signed up today. I have two boys an 11 year old 6th grader and an 8 year old 2nd grader. We are new to the whole homeschooling thing. My boys have been in public school up until this week. They are not thriving for different reasons. So I thought we would give this a shot.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hello Raven Haired Mama,

Welcome to the T4L family! I am glad you found us. Your boys probably need some time to deschool, and that is perfectly normal. Schooling at home is NOTHING like public school. There is so much freedom in what you teach, how you teach, and even where you teach. Some kids like to do school on the couch, the bed, the trampoline, under a favorite tree, at the kitchen table... It's so nice for them not to have to raise their for permission to go to restroom. LOL

Be sure to download the free e-book located on the right side of the screen. It was written by homeschooling families just for new homeschoolers. It is comprehensive without being overwhelming. Also, when you have time, check these tips to make navigating the T4L a little easier. It can answer some questions that might come up.

Best wishes to you all, and be sure to keep us informed.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

faithwarrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ravenhairedmama View Post
    Hi we live in Plano TX and just signed up today. I have two boys an 11 year old 6th grader and an 8 year old 2nd grader. We are new to the whole homeschooling thing. My boys have been in public school up until this week. They are not thriving for different reasons. So I thought we would give this a shot.
    Hello and welcome, I started homeschooling in October 2012 after pulling my son out of PS 4th grade for a NUMBER of reason also. Now that we are homeschooling both our stress levels have gone down. Tried and quickly sent back K12 (what was I thinking). Love Time4Learning. Relax don't rush things, thank goodness we live in Texas and have very little homeschooling restrictions. We are taking a break until Wednesday, other than watching a documentary on George Washington on the History Channel, (history). Time4Learning flows very well, enjoy!

Unregistered Guest

Default Hello

Hi, currently my son (3rd) is doing k12 and we are ahead and its not horrible- but at the same time it is. I feel so pressured and bogged down with deadlines and emails- its like being a full time teacher. I really am exploring other options as I do not think I can continue with K12. How do yall like timeforlearning so far?