new to home schooling
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rickvon2010

Thread: new to home schooling

Jan Rogers Donelson is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default new to home schooling

We are excited to get started. But I have never done anything like this so just a little nervous also.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Rogers Donelson View Post
    We are excited to get started. But I have never done anything like this so just a little nervous also.
    Hello and Welcome, Jan! So glad you are part of the T4L family. Being a little anxious is really common. Telling you to relax is easy for me to say, but harder for you to do.

Since you are new to homeschooling and Time4Learning I am going to give you some links that should help you out.

Tips and Hints for Using Time4Learning

Welcome to Homeschooling This free e-book was written by veteran homeschoolers just for new homeschooling families. It is comprehensive without being too overwhelming.

I would also suggest you visit your state's subforum here at the Parent & Community Forum. It's a great way to make new friends, find inspiration and encouragement, find others in your area, and see what might be going on in your state or area.

Best wishes and be sure to keep us in the loop.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

rickvon2010 is offline Member

Jan, I started homeschooling my daughter in July. I found it is the best thing I have ever done. She is able to express herself freely and work at her own pace. I was nervous at first, but when she comes to me after a long hard day of school and tells me that she is so glad I am her teacher, it makes everything better! Welcome to T4L and enjoy your journey!
    jpenn likes this.
    Rick Von Linsowe, MS
    Air Force Family
    Homeschooling Dad of one 1st grade Princess