New to homeschooling! Denton, TX

Default New to homeschooling! Denton, TX

Hi everyone! We have decided to start homeschooling our 8 & 10 year old starting tomorrow and are very excited for the new journey. We decided to start this for several reasons, but one being that our children are both so passionate about their sports (baseball and gymnastics) and spend quite a bit of time practicing a week. We plan to incorporate some biblical instruction, but did not feel it was necessary at this time to join a church co-op so this is where we are starting. We would like to find some local groups to go on field trips with. I know a lot of people in my city that homeschool, so there is a lot of support! I would love to connect with others, especially those with children of the same age or interests.

I plan to document our journey, I am a photographer professionally and am excited to share the fun!

Robyn

sukstap is offline Junior Member

Hey Robyn! We are in Denton as well! With a 13 y/o girl 6 y/o boy and 4 y/o girl! Good luck on your journey!

Trish

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sukstap View Post
    Hey Robyn! We are in Denton as well! With a 13 y/o girl 6 y/o boy and 4 y/o girl! Good luck on your journey!

Trish
    Hello! Im from humble tx and i have 8 y/o 5 y/o and a 4 y/o just wanted to see how this works HELP Please

amygailanderson is offline Junior Member

hey yall. I live in Waco, but my parents live off of 380 towards Decatur. I am in the area quite a bit, homeschool gives us the opportunity to travel a bit. Is there a good group of kids in your area? I would love to have the ability to get my kids involved with some kids when we go visit.

Unregistered Guest

Default Hello from Gunter, TX

Hi! I'm responding a little late but I live in Gunter and not too far from Denton. I homeschool my 12 yo daughter and my 9 yo son! I do have a 16 yo son with Asperger's that is in public school because he is involved in theater and choir and needs that structure. I would love to meet up with some other homescoolers for some field trips! My kids do rodeo, FFA and basketball!