New from Katy, TX
    4ofharts is offline Junior Member

Default New from Katy, TX

Now that I have decided to take on homeschooling my two boys (3rd (8) and K (5)), I am now enthusiastically looking for other like minded families in the area. I have a ton of questions, MOST importantly, am I doing the right thing??!! I have complete support from my husband but have yet to inform the rest of the family for fear of all the negative feedback. I already have a list of all the "comebacks" I could use for every negative comment made! Hopefully, my family will see all of the "pros" that my husband and I have for believing that this is the best option for our boys. Anyways, I am both excited and extremely nervous about this and am looking forward to meeting new people that feel the way I do and that can also help calm my nerves some with their experience. Thanks for listening!!!

texasmomof5 Guest

Default Also from Katy

I am also from Katy and have home schooled all 5 of our children. 4 are graduated and have 1 daughter in 8th grade this year. I have been teaching my children since our oldest was 5 and that was 22 years ago I have no regrets and glad that we made the decision to keep our children home. We have had our challenges, but that will be the same in no matter what you do. Not sure what part of Katy you live in, we are in Nottingham Country Subdivision.

Our family was very negative about our decision to home school over 20 years ago, but they have "changed" their hearts on this as they have watched our children grow into adults and have seen the fruits of our choices. So just hang in there and stand firm on what you believe is best for you.

4ofharts is offline Junior Member

Thank you for your words of encouragement! Since posting this, I have talked to my close family about our decision to homeschool and was overwhelmed with their complete support of our decision!! This is my third week of using T4L and my kids are LOVING it! Our decision to homeschool is validated almost on a daily basis by things seen on the news or heard on the radio. We moved from Richmond 5 years ago and now live in the Memorial Parkway subdivision. I often wonder if I am "holding my children back" in life, or if they won't accomplish as much being homeschooled versus being in public school. Hearing that you have been able to do just that with 4 children and have one on her way, is encouragement enough for me!! Thanks!!