New in San Antonio area ( Stone Oak)
    gaby Guest

Unhappy New in San Antonio area ( Stone Oak)

I am looking for advise and new at this , I was wondering if this is an accredited curriculum does anyone know? and can I as a parent just use this as a homeschool program? I have a 15 year old with Aspergers and would use different levels , what if he is very behind in math for example and more advanced in Reading? how are some of you liking it? I am lost , don't know where to start, but this looks like a good source . Please some advise would be greatly appreciated.

HopeSpringsFam is offline Junior Member

We're pretty new to this, too, but I'll answer as best I can. No, this isn't accredited. This is a curriculum. Curriculum isn't accredited, schools are. We are currently using this as our homeschool curriculum, and my son (6, 1st grade) LOVES it. You can set the grade level for each subject in K-8, with access to 1 grade level above and 1 grade level below. I'm not sure how it works for the high school courses. Someone using the high school levels would have to answer that one for you. I hope this helps!

unregistered Guest

Talking Homeschooling in San Antonio

Hi there - I'm new to this site but have been homeschooling for over 4 years now. I was a teacher at a private christian school until making the transition to stay home. There are so many choices out there but it comes down to what works best for your family. I've tried several (workbook methods, textbooks, etc). I've settled on what works for my (I have 6 kids - from 2 yo up to 16) large family. This seems like it would be a good place for you to start since you're looking at different levels of learning. We're dealing with that as well - which is why I chose to sign up for this. My main curriculum is Tapestry of Grace but it is reading intensive - classical and christian - but quite a bit of reading. We use Saxon math (I buy the teaching DVD's so I don't have to teach it!). I haven't found a language arts curriculum that I LOVE - so I'm giving this a shot to supplement the literature with Tapestry. One last hint... think about what your child likes to do - are they a hands on learner? Is reading tough for them? Would math be easier for them if they had access to manipulatives? We've used audio books in the past (the kids loved them) - and I've tried several math programs (Teaching Textbooks and Math-U-See) - and I might change things up next year... you never know!