Questions about Texas home schooling. Want to get started.
    txbaby51988 Guest

Question Questions about Texas home schooling. Want to get started.

I live in East Tx. Small town outside of Sulphur Springs. I am wanting to home school my children but am having a hard time completely understanding the Texas rules and laws when it comes to transitioning from Public to home school and then possibly back to public one day. Can anyone help walk me through this so that I can make sure to do right by my babies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have one in Pre-K and one in 2nd. TIA

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions about Texas home schooling. Want to get started.

Hi. Here is a letter recently sent to Texas schools about homeschooling to clear up those questions.

Home Schools

You can see that Texas respects homeschooling. A student's homeschool work is treated the same as any private school work. To withdraw your student, you need only write a letter. They do not have to approve your curriculum, although they may ask, "Will your curriculum be in visual form (books, worksheets, online lessons) and will you cover reading, spelling, grammar, math, and good citizenship?" You need only answer "yes." You do not need to give them any of your lesson plans.

Here is a page by the Texas Homeschool Coalition that might help you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!