Starting homeschool last quarter
    Unregistered Guest

Default Starting homeschool last quarter

Hello my friend's son is suffering terrible social anxiety at school and needs to complete the last term at home. He is very self driven and organized. Is there an online course or something that can be recommended. He's in Spring TX. Thank you

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi. I'm so sorry about your friend's son and the anxiety he's experiencing!

The first thing I would recommend is to have your friend review the homeschool laws for Texas. This is some Information on homeschooling in Texas.

Time4Learning is a great homeschool curriculum used by many homeschooling families around the world.
    Since your friend is considering homeschooling, she/he should find this free Homeschool Guide helpful http://goo.gl/JBAhW8

This link offers a good guide on How to Homeschool.

Hope that helps. Best wishes.

If you have any other questions, maybe one of the other forums outside of the Texas Time4Learning forum will be helpful: https://www.time4learning.net/
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Unregistered Guest

Red face 123

I just started using this as a curriculum yesterday to homeschool my son. We withdrew him from public school this week. I have talked to TEA and texas has no requirements for homeschooling. We are loosely using the state requirements to set up his courses. My 15 year old loves it so far.

Unregistered Guest

Default My 15 year old and public school

Hi there. I think I am being drawn into homeschooling due to the fact that my 15 year old is not thriving in the public school system. I am approaching this idea with a lot of trepidation simply because I know that my child will feel as though I am "stunting social skills" by doing this. However, I am really starting to feel as though this may be the best route. I feel as though I am a deer in headlights. There is so much to learn and I am afraid I may slow my child's learning especially in the last semester of school (this is how badly I think we need to withdraw my student). Can you please give me some guidance - especially because I am talking about a 10th grader. Thanks for the help.