Taks??

Thread: Taks??

Suzie0821 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Taks??

Im recently new to home schooling. I know the TAKS testing is not mandatory if homeschooling, but if I do want my son tested does anyone know how to go about doing it??

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie0821 View Post
    Im recently new to home schooling. I know the TAKS testing is not mandatory if homeschooling, but if I do want my son tested does anyone know how to go about doing it??
    Texas no longer does TAKS, it is STAAR. I don't believe you an do the actual STAAR testing at home as it is not allowed outside the public school. There are many other assessment tests you can do. I.E> Stanford Testing is available online.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Suzie,

You might consider joining a local homeschool co-op. They usually offer testing services as well as classes, field trips, parties...
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Unregistered Guest

Default STAAR Testin

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie0821 View Post
    I home school my 2nd, 6th and 7th graders. Yes, they can still take the STAAR test. All you have to do is set it up with their in district school. They go to school and test with all of the students in their grade level. Testing must be given at school and it is given at the same time the school schedules testing for in school students. My middle school girls just finished theirs. The scores are mailed to you. I think it is great because it is a way for you to keep up with their progress and it stays on their transcripts. Good Luck
    Houston, Tx