Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    scissorworker00 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012


    Does anyone know if we (TEXAS) need to make sure these tests are taken? I know TAKS tests are state mandates, they monitor how the schools are doing, but do they need to be done when we home school? Are they a requirement for a high school diploma? There is a new STAR test for those in elementary and middle school, do we need to do these? And how do we if we do?

  2. #2
    newbie Guest

    Default home school groups

    It looks like you have a wonderful support group and a well organized home school organization in El Paso. I found the following link: shn home I think you will find it helpful. When I frist started home schooling it helped me to connect with someone in my area. As far as, you do not have to administer them. If you have a high schooler going to college, he.she will need to take the SAT or ACT and in some cases a GED is required. You just have to do a lot of asking for the specific colleges you are interested in. Hope this helps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts